Some communities have found it helpful to hire a community member who knows the families to help recruit.
- Identify target audience (could be a grade in school, church group, families served by a specific agency or agencies).
- Invite 4-6 parents from the target group for a short informational meeting.
- Show 5 minute promotional video, lead a sample activity, and generate interest in program.
- Ask these parents to serve as "program shepherds" who will each invite 1-2 families to the program.
- Ask youth and family-serving agencies to refer families.