- Q. When will the new video materials be available?
- A. New video materials were released in December 2006...See How to Order SFP 10-14
Q. What are the videos like?
- A. The new video materials include narrators and numerous realistic vignettes portraying typical youth and family interactions. Actors are African-American, Hispanic, Asian and Caucasian. Preview the new video material.
Q. Will the newly revised videos work with my previously purchased manual?
- A. Yes, when you order the newly revised video material, you will receive a CD of PDF files. These files are designed to update your SFP 10-14 manual, making it compatible with the newly revised videos. Due to video revisions, we made some manual revisions to match. These revisions do not change the main content or anticipated outcomes of the program. However, major changes were made to Youth Sessions 5 and 6. There is a very minor change in Family 3. You may print these revised sessions and insert them into your manual in the appropriate places and discard the older sessions. You may print as many sets as you need to update multiple manuals.
Q. Do I need to purchase the newly revised video materials to continue to offer the program?
- A. No, you may continue to use previously purchased manuals and videos.
- Q. How has SFP 10-14 been tested?
- A. See this summary of the scientific testing
of SFP 10-14 and this list of published
Q. Which federal agencies endorse SFP 10-14?
- A. See this list of endorsements
Q. What is the cost/benefit of SFP 10-14?
- A. An analysis by researchers from the Partnerships
in Prevention Science Institute found a return of $9.60 for every dollar spent implementing SFP 10-14.
An analysis by the Washington
State Institute for Public Policy resulted in two benefits:
A return of $7.82 for every dollar spent and
a cost benefit of $5,805 for each participating youth in SFP
- Q. What qualifications do the program facilitators need ?
- A. Professional training by experienced Strengthening
Families Program trainers is required in order to
be certified to teach SFP 10-14. Facilitators should have strong presentation
and facilitation skills; experience working with parents/caregivers
and/or youth; flexibility; and enthusiasm. See Training
- Q. How do I set up a training?
- A. See Training
- Q. How do I order the materials?
- A. See How to Order SFP 10-14
- Q. How much does it cost to implement the SFP 10-14 program?
- A. See sample budget
Q. What is the best way to recruit families to participate in SFP 10-14?
- A. See list of recruiting suggestions
and Do's and Don'ts
- Q. What different kinds of groups have been successful using SFP
- A. Many different groups of parents and youth have successfully used
the program. See Different Audiences