About ISU Extension and Outreach: Scott County
The ISU Scott County Extension Council consists of nine elected members. The council builds partnerships and provides research-based learning opportunities to improve the quality of life for the people in your district.
Extension Council members determine programming that meets the needs of the citizens whom they represent as elected officials. Council members hold the responsibility of sharing the needs of their constituents with the County Extension Education Director (CEED). They also make sure that those needs are being addressed through their county's programming.
The council also oversees the management of the Extension office.
The Scott County Extension Council, county staff and ISU Extension and Outreach staff work together to provide research-based learning opportunities for our citizens. Through this partnership, we carry Iowa State University’s land-grant mission across Scott County.
Our 2011 Points of Pride tells how we act on that commitment.
Scott County programs are fulfilling that commitment:
- Becoming a scientist or engineer is not easy, but Iowa teens are getting hands-on experience.
- In only seven weeks, a child can learn how to stay away from alcohol and drugs.
- Starting conversations that lead to farm business transitionsfrom one generation to the next is hard – we help get them started.
- Schools and restaurants are trained to safely prepare nutritious foods.
- Families are learninghow to prepare healthy, economical meals.
- Foods grown and marketed locally boost the local economy and fulfill consumer demands
- Our communities are more sustainable.
- Businesses get individualized supportthey need to grow.
- Farmers depend on us for the latest crop production research.
We can anticipate trends, build relationships, and catalyze opportunities because we are part of the ongoing life of our communities, committed to healthy people, healthy environments, and healthy economies.
Counties Main Menu
- County Home
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living