21ST ANNUAL SWINE DISEASE CONFERENCE FOR SWINE PRACTITIONERS
ABOUT THE CONFERENCE
The Iowa State University College of Veterinary Medicine, the Iowa Pork Industry Center, The Iowa Veterinary Medical Association, and the American Association of Swine Veterinarians (AASV), District 6, sponsor the 20th Annual Swine Disease Conference. The conference will be held at the Scheman Building, in Ames, Iowa, on November 14-15, 2013.
The program is designed to answer daily concerns of swine practitioners.
The conference focuses on emerging swine pathogens and their control, and improvements in diagnostics and risk-based controls useful for on-farm health plan development. Special emphasis is on information necessary to formulate management plans for disease control, for bio- security, and for food safety enhancement. This year a special emphasis will be on emerging industry issues of sow gestation crates and antimicrobial resistance and availability.
- To enable swine practitioners to assist pork producers in a rapidly changing and global production environment.
- To enhance practitioner decision-making tools in disease control, animal welfare, and food safety for the benefit of animals, clients and consumers.
The conference has applied for 13.5 hours of Continuing Education Credits from the Iowa Board of Veterinary Examiners.
- COLLEGE OF VETERINARY MEDICINE
- IOWA PORK INDUSTRY CENTER
- IOWA VETERINARY MEDICICAL ASSOCIATION
- AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF SWINE VETERINARIANS, DISTRICT 6