Field Specialists are available for consulting, technical assistance, tailored training, planning, and organizational development services.
Topics and issues include economic development, local government, community planning, tourism, grant writing, nonprofit management, Latino community and business development, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), and housing.
Products available include:
- Strategic Planning or Organizational Goal--Setting Establish an organizational or community vision and set priorities by engaging key stakeholders in a structured process.
- Consultation and Technical Assistance-- Specialists work directly with an organization on a problem or issue to provide advice, research, information, and assistance in developing solutions.
- Board Development-- Training boards of directors to understand their roles and responsibilities in the governance of organizations.
- Training Sessions --A variety of tailored training can include professional development presentations, team-building, or one-time workshops on special topics of interest.
- Facilitation--Group processes and tools are used to help organizations resolve conflicts, organize new community groups, develop partnerships and collaborations, enhance community participation, or strengthen existing group structures.
Audience: Governmental organizations, nonprofit agencies, citizen groups, individual businesses, and professional associations.
Estimated Fee: $400 for up to three hours of delivered programming. This fee includes the Specialist's lodging, meals, travel inside the state of Iowa, and pre-event preparation time.(Myers-Briggs assessment forms are an additional cost. Myers-Briggs Type Indicator and MBTI are registered trademarks of Consulting Psychologists Press, Inc.)
Location: Programs provided at client’s chosen location
Availability: Allow at least eight weeks for preparation and scheduling
Delivery Schedule: Specialist and client set timelines.