Features of this program include networking and a connection to local issues and opportunities, group or individual work around a real project if they choose, and a strong emphasis on personal skills development.
keywords: leadership, community, volunteer, management
Audience: Civic-minded community members with the potential to step up into leadership positions in local government, economic development, and community service.
Estimated Fee: Approximately $6,000 for six sessions for up to 30 people.
Costs will vary, depending on class configuration requested. Continuing Education Units are available at 0.3 CEU per session. Cost for CEUs is $10 per person per session. Registration fees include speakers, notebooks and materials, promotional materials and program brochure, basic refreshments, and registration procedures managed by the local County Extension Office.
Location: Locations determined by local participants. Format usually includes a light meal.
Availability: At least six months lead time is requested to schedule, plan and market the program.
Delivery Schedule: Typically, six sessions are offered over a six-week period.
Sessions available include:
- Leadership in the Local Context
- Understanding Ourselves and Others
- Communicating and Listening
- Can't We Just Get Along?
- Do I Have to Work with That Person?
- Leading Effective Meetings
- Do I have to Change Again?
- Anatomy of Economic Development
- Leading Development in the Community
- Innovation and Creativity in Groups and Organizations
Additional information on these sessions is available here