Program: BuyIowaOnline.com is an e-commerce ready website where Iowa entrepreneurs can post their products for sale. It is fully automated so that it is functional for full-time, part-time and occasional entrepreneurs.
This hands-on training workshop is designed to familiarize participants with the site’s functionality and set-up all the user accounts necessary so that they can leave ready to concentrate on selecting and packaging the product for the central fulfillment center for a faster start-up.
Participants work on laptops to:
• set up a seller account,
• practice using a seller account – uploading photographs, copy, etc.,
• set up a payment account,
• and be provided with FAQ sheets and links to resources supplied on a take home USB drive.
In addition participants will explore and engage in conversation about:
• how to leverage the site’s presence through co-marketing venues,
• product selection and price-pointing,
• how to engage with the site’s social networking component to strengthen their sales,
• and, how to use the available business description area in the account to begin engaging and building customer loyalty.
Audience: Entrepreneurs living and working in Iowa of any size or type who are currently, or are contemplating, making products for sale which can include shelf-stable agricultural product.
Estimated Fee: No cost for the 4 hour training workshop, except travel. Host is responsible for securing a site, recruiting participants, and a light meal break, which can be offset by a registration cost per participant.
Location: Available statewide.
Delivery Schedule: One week notice.