Polishing Your Presentation Skills Course Offered In a Flipped Format
This spring Professional Development is launching a series of presentation skills classes to selected counties across Iowa. These classes will be blended learning opportunities with participants taking part of the class online and then coming together with peers in a classroom setting. The self-paced study portion requires about 2 – 4 hours of time. The course is segmented into five parts: 1) Participants will take a two-to-three-week, self-paced, online course, 2) facilitators will review content and answer participant questions over a 1 ½ hour video conference call, 3) participants will orally present a 10- minute presentation using PowerPoint that will be evaluated and videotaped by instructors and peers face-to-face in a traditional classroom setting, 4) participants will be asked to critique their presentations to develop goals to enhance future presentations and 5) participants will share with facilitators and peers their two to three goals in a final follow-up video conference call.
*Please be advised the online segment of this course will begin June 7th.
There will be a maximum of five participants per class at each location. Class will be held from 10-3:00 p.m. with a working brown bag lunch.
Course objectives include the following:
- Develop an oral presentation based on objectives, purpose and audience analysis
- Use media tools that will enhance presentation and style of delivery
- Determine room and audience logistics that will enhance a presentation
- Deliver a 10-12 minute presentation for the purpose of evaluation using concepts learned from class
- Create a personal goal plan based on the instructors’ and self-critique of a recorded presentation