Bottle Calf Forms
Bottle Lamb Information
- Ownership and ID required by May 15, 2016. Use the same ID form as Market Lambs. Up to three lambs can be identified but only two can be brought to the fair. Information on the ID form is face color, sex, date of birth and flock tag #/scrapie tag. Ear tags are not required but are recommended. Also note that new Bottle Lamb paper work requires a photo of you and your lamb. Forms are available here:
- No health certificate is required. Animals will be inspected at the fairgrounds. Scrapie tags required.
- The lambs identified on the June 15 class entry are the lambs that the bottle lamb work sheet and oral interview is to be based on. These are the forms that will be brought to the fair. (Note oral interviews will be at Conference Judging and at a specific time)
- Lambs must be spring born after January 1, 2016.
- Lambs must be bottle raised.
- Classes will be divided by grade- Juniors (grades 4-6), Intermediate (grades 7-8), Senior( grades 9-12).
Judging will be based on the following: TOTAL 100 POINTS
Records, notes, scrapbook of what you have learned- 35 pts.
- Knowledge of the bottle lamb and production (Interview)- 35 pts.
- Showmanship- 15 pts.
- Consideration of condition of the lamb – 15 pts
- Any Lamb shown in this class cannot show in any other market or breeding sheep class.
- This class is designed for 4-Hers with no other sheep projects. During a transition year- you can show a bottle lamb and entries in breeding or market class. This is a one year transition, after showing in the market class or breeding class, you are no longer eligible to show in the bottle lamb class.
- Follow all General Sheep Department rules and Livestock General Rules
The Red Rock Classic - IJBBA Sanctioned Show
When: May 8, 2016
Time: Check-In from 8:00-10:00 am | Show begins at Noon
Where: Marion County Fairgrounds - Knoxville, IA
Entry Fee: $25 per head
Click here for the show entry form.
For more information, please contact Justine Stevenson: 563.542.4325 or via email at email@example.com.
Louisa County Livestock Judging Contest
When: April 23, 2016
Time: 8:00 am
Where: Louisa County Fairgrounds - Columbus Junction, IA
Registration: $25 per team | $10 per individual
7 Classes to Judge: Breeding Heifers, Market Steers, Market Lambs, Breeding Ewes, Market Hogs, Commercial Gilts, and Breeding Does. Click here for the entry form. Click here for contest rules.
For more information, please contact Adam Crews: 563.260.6203 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lynnville Saddle Club Horse Show
When: June 4, 2016
Time: Registraiton at 9:00 am | Show starts at 10:00 am
Where: Lynnville Saddle Club Show Grounds - Old Settlers' Grounds in Lynnville
Cost for 4-H'ers: $3 per class or $20 for the day
Click here for the class list and show rules.
For more information, please contact the Lynnville Saddle Club President, Travis Henkle: 641.891.6226.
Miss Rodeo Iowa Horsemanship Clinic
When: May 21-22, 2016
Where: Triple Cross Arena - 32336 200th Street in Dallas Center, IA 50063
Click here for class details, clinician information, course schedule and the registration form.
For more information, please contact Jordanne at 712.210.2777 or via email at email@example.com.
County Fair Entries
Due June 15 to the Fairboard Office in Grinnell
- Poweshiek County Fair Office: PO Box 372, Grinnel, 50112
One Entry Form is required for each species a 4-H'er plans to bring to the County Fair
- Check the Fairbook to find the number of the class you are entering
- Entry forms must be accompanied by a Livestock Verification Form (one per exhibitor)
$1 Entry Fee for each class (for all species)
- Maximum of $15 in Entry Fees per exhibitor (includes livestock, indoor exhibits, and Event Day entries)
Download all the needed forms at www.poweshiekcountyfair.org.
State Fair Entries
State Fair Entries are Due July 1
State Fair Livestock and Horticulture entries will be made online this year through the FairEntry program. To make your entries, visit the following site: https://iowastatefair4hlivestock.fairentry.com/Fair/SignIn/34
You will login in with your 4honline family email and password. You can find a help sheet about how to complete this process here: http://www.extension.iastate.edu/4h/statefair/livestock.
Counties Main Menu
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living