Polk County Awards and Recognition Page
Click here for Interview Tips
Rules and Regulations for Award Applications
- Awards are based on the 4-H year: September 15 through September 14
- Award applications are available at the Extension Office or the Polk County 4-H website: http://www.extension.iastate.edu/polk/page/county-awards
- Supplemental Information is defined as one side of two sheets of paper with photographs, clippings, and other documentation showing what you’ve done in the award category during the year. This means you may submit two pages that are each one-sided.
- The Award Application and Supplemental Information are to be stapled in the upper left corner rather than placed in a report folder
- You must be available for scheduled award interviews: October 15 or October 20 in the evening
- Awards will be presented on Sunday, November 8, 2015
(!) Clarification: Youth may only receive the Peer Award once as a Junior, once as an Intermediate and once as a Senior. Youth may receive a Record Book Award every year they submit a record book. This applies to Citizenship and Leadership, exception Senior Leadership.
(!) The Citations section on the rubric says to cite EVERY photo and article, etc. If you’ve included photos you took or your family took, please indicate that general statement in a visible spot toward the front; you won’t have to cite each photo. You will need to cite each newspaper article or photo, though.
Junior Award Application Forms
Intermediate Award Application Forms
Senior Award Application Forms
Banner Club Form
County Council Application
Clover Dash 5K Scholarship
The awards are based on project work done before and during the 4-H year, September 15th, 2014 - September 14th, 2015. Members can apply for a maximum of four project awards, one leadership award and one citizenship award.
All applications are due to the Extension office no later than 12:00 PM on Thursday, October 1, 2015. (Unless noted in the Application)
All applicants for awards will participate in an interview appropriate for the grade level. Applicants must be available for the following scheduled interview times:
Thursday, October 15, 2015 starting at 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday, October 20, 2015 starting at 5:00 p.m.
Supplemental Information is defined as one side of two sheets of paper with photographs, clippings, or whatever it takes to show what you've done in the award category during the year. The application and supplemental information are to be stapled in the upper left corner rather than in a booklet or folder.
4-H Record Books
Information to complete you record book can be found at the following website.
If you have more question contact Katie or Marci @ 515-957-5771 or 515-957-5770.
Counties Main Menu
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living