BUY EAT LIVE Healthy
BUY EAT LIVE Healthy Program Assistants come to your home, or teach in small groups in a public setting, once per week for eight lessons about:
- Get Moving - Families enjoy being active. Participants accurately complete the required entry forms.
- Plan, Shop, $ave - Families plan and shop for meals and snacks that are healthy and within their budget.
- Vary Your Veggies, Focus on Fruits - Families increase the amount of vegetables and fruits they eat every day. Families have more than one kind of vegetable and one kind of fruit every day.
- Make Half Your Grains Whole - Families choose at least half of their grains to be whole grains.
- Build Strong Bones - Families get enough calcium from low-fat or non-fat dairy foods or other foods high in calcium.
- Go Lean with Protein - Families have lean protein foods and keep all food safe to eat.
- Make a Change - Families limit foods high in fat, sugar and salt.
- Celebrate! Eat Smart & Be Active - Participants discuss feeding children and celebrate new knowledge and skills to make healthy food and activity choices. Participants accurately complete the required exit forms.
For Spanish lessons, call (515) 957-5788.
BUY EAT LIVE Healthy meets the requirements of other programs in our community.
For more BUY EAT LIVE Healthy information please contact Katy at firstname.lastname@example.org or (515) 957-5773. Or visit the Iowa State University Extension and Outreach Nutrition Education webpage.
Counties Main Menu
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living