Youth and Nutrition Internal Program Coordinator
Youth and Nutrition Internal Program Coordinator Job Description
Under general supervision, works directly with County Youth Coordinators as a team to provide support for youth development and volunteer management for the 4-H program in Polk County. Also works directly with EFNEP Program Assistants, Supervisor and Nutrition and Health Program Specialist on maintaining accurate data on clients enrolled in the EFNEP and nutrition programs.
YOUTH PROGRAM SUPPORT - 60%
- Support and promote countywide youth and 4-H programs
- Receive and follow up on client requests in a courteous and timely manner, answering routine 4-H questions
- Maintain correspondence with 4-H members, leaders, Extension staff, and public, including phone calls, forms, newsletters, news releases, letters, emails and via webpage
- Maintain statistical data for youth program using the 4-HOnline Database
- Assist members and volunteers in logging into and use of the 4-HOnline Database
- Attend youth team meetings to plan and recruit for youth programs
- Prepare visual materials for staff to use in marketing, or as educational tools (i.e. posters, handouts, brochures)
- Assist with 4-H events and workshops
- Maintain schedule of 4-H activities pertinent to position and communicate needs for equipment and room reservations to Customer Service Coordinator
- Organize and maintain all 4-H activity and publication files
- Publish 4-H activities on the Extension Calendar and website
- Collect fees and record payments for registrations
- Work with Finance Manager on reconciling deposits
- Format 4-H newsletter(s) and prepare for distribution, including publishing on website
- Share 4-H related County Fair duties with other staff. Staff Conference Judging Day. Prepare State Fair entry database.
- Provide clerical support to Adventure Learning Center
- Initiate identification of system problems and offer solutions, carrying out appropriate action
- Constantly improve skills needed to carry out the mission of Extension, attend appropriate in-service training
- Maintain confidentiality on all Extension business
- Report activities and program impact to Extension Director, County Youth Coordinators, and ALC Coordinator
EFNEP AND NUTRITION PROGRAM SUPPORT - 20%
- Maintain the NEERS Database for the EFNEP Program. Report to the EFNEP Supervisor and the Program Assistant's progress.
- Print reports for regular staff meetings
- Complete semi-annual statistical reports
- Have food/recipe knowledge and able to make decisions from information provided
OTHER DUTIES - 20%
- Will cover front desk for lunches daily and substitute at front desk when assigned and appropriate, especially when short staff and/or in need of additional assistance
- Provide support to the Nutrition and Health Program Specialist by taking registrations, printing materials, distributing promotional items, etc.
- Provide support to the Community Economic Development Specialist by taking registrations, printing materials, distributing promotional items, etc.
- Complete other duties as assigned, not limited to the 4-H and nutrition programs
- Follow all policies, rules and procedures as directed by the Extension Council and Executive Director
- Like to work with public, excellent customer service
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Knowledge of basic office machinery
- Bachelor's degree in a field related to job description
- Two or more years experience in one or more areas of the position
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, Internet, and e-mail applications
- Ability to lift and move 40 pounds
Full-time. Non-exempt, hourly. General work week is Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. with one-hour lunch break daily. Occasional evening and weekend hours as scheduled. Classified as a Support Staff position.
Health, life and dental insurance
PTO and nine paid holidays
ALFAC (optional and at employee's expense)
Qualified applicants should submit their job application to Andrea Nelson at email@example.com. Cover letter and resume are optional. Deadline to apply is June 12, 2013.
Counties Main Menu
- County Home
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living