About ISU Extension and Outreach: Pocahontas County
Pocahontas County Extension and Outreach brings Iowa State University to you!
Partnerships help Iowa State University Extension and Outreach create a better future for all Iowans. Together we can improve the quality of life in Iowa.
The following list is a highlight of programs we have done throughout the year in Pocahontas County:
- Training for Private & Commercial Pesticide Applicators
- Advanced Grain Drying and Management
- Afterschool Programs for Second and Third Graders
- Summer 4-H Education - Robotics STEM Camp
- Farmland Leasing
- Estate Planning
View our Stakeholders Report for more information.
The Pocahontas County Extension Council, county staff and ISU Extension and Outreach staff work together to provide research-based learning opportunities for our citizens. Through this partnership, we carry Iowa State University’s land-grant mission across Pocahontas County.
Our 2011 Points of Pride tells how we act on that commitment.
Pocahontas County programs are fulfilling that commitment:
- Becoming a scientist or engineer is not easy, but Iowa teens are getting hands-on experience.
- In only seven weeks, a child can learn how to stay away from alcohol and drugs.
- Starting conversations that lead to farm business transitions from one generation to the next is hard – we help get them started.
- Schools and restaurants are trained to safely prepare nutritious foods.
- Families are learning how to prepare healthy, economical meals.
- Foods grown and marketed locally boost the local economy and fulfill consumer demands
- Our communities are more sustainable.
- Businesses get individualized support they need to grow.
- Farmers depend on us for the latest crop production research.
We can anticipate trends, build relationships, and catalyze opportunities because we are part of the ongoing life of our communities, committed to healthy people, healthy environments, and healthy economies.
Front row L-R: Judy Krips, Anita Fischer, Larry Movall, Mitch Aden
Back row L-R: Brent Svuba, Julie Wurr, Jean Trimble, Bob Wagner
Not pictured: Randy Bass
Extension Council members are elected by the voters of Pocahontas County to serve four year terms. They oversee the planning, preparation, marketing, and delivery of the extension educational program in the county. Every county in Iowa has an extension council. Extension Councils provide, through a unique partnership with Iowa State University and federal and state organizations, research-based, unbiased information and educational programs that positively impact the county citizens and communities in Pocahontas County. Pocahontas County Impact Statement.
Counties Main Menu
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living