About ISU Extension and Outreach: Plymouth County
Partnerships help Iowa State University Extension create a better future for all Iowans. Together we can improve quality of life in Iowa.
Plymouth County Extension can claim one of the largest 4-H community club programs in the state with nearly 500 community club members in 24 clubs reaching all corners of the county.
Plymouth County- Crops Field Specialist Joel DeJong writes the "Crop Update" an electronic newsletter sent weekly by e-mail to nearly 400 producers. The newsletter includes topics most vital during the growing season such as scouting crops and the threshold levels needed for pesticide treatment to be cost effective. To subscribe to this Crop Update Newsletter e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
The Plymouth County Extension Council, county staff and ISU Extension and Outreach staff work together to provide research-based learning opportunities for our citizens. Through this partnership, we carry Iowa State University’s land-grant mission across Plymouth County.
Our 2011 Points of Pride tells how we act on that commitment.
Plymouth County programs are fulfilling that commitment:
- Becoming a scientist or engineer is not easy, but Iowa teens are getting hands-on experience.
- In only seven weeks, a child can learn how to stay away from alcohol and drugs.
- Starting conversations that lead to farm business transitions from one generation to the next is hard – we help get them started.
- Schools and restaurants are trained to safely prepare nutritious foods.
- Families are learning how to prepare healthy, economical meals.
- Foods grown and marketed locally boost the local economy and fulfill consumer demands
- Our communities are more sustainable.
- Businesses get individualized support they need to grow.
- Farmers depend on us for the latest crop production research.
We can anticipate trends, build relationships, and catalyze opportunities because we are part of the ongoing life of our communities, committed to healthy people, healthy environments, and healthy economies.
Counties Main Menu
- County Home
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living