A world of 4-H with you in it. Join 4-H!
Palo Alto County
Iowa State University Extension and Outreach: Palo Alto County
When you need to make decisions that affect your family, community, business or farm, look to Palo Alto County Extension and Iowa State University Extension for unbiased, researched-based information and education to help you make better decisions.
Dates to Remember:
- February 18 Spend Smart Eat Smart from 1 to 2pm.
- February 19 North Iowa Ag Summit @ILCC Emmetsburg 9 to 4
- February 21 Babysitting Clinic 9 to 4 @ Office
- February 23 Better Kid Care--Improving Transition Time 6:30 to 8:30 pm @First United Methodist Church
- February 25 How To Improve My Credit Score Noon to 1 Cost is $5 with lunch--West Bend Public Library
- February 26 Family Storyteller 6:30 to 7:30pm West Bend Public Library
- March 3 Beef Feedlot Facilities Workshop @ ILCC 9:45 am to 3:00pm
- March 5 Family Storyteller 6:30 to 7:30pm West Bend Public Library
- March 9 Better Kid Care---Parents Friends or Foes?? 6:30 to 8:30pm @ First United Methodist Church\
- March 11 FSQA training @ office 7pm
- March 12 Family Storyteller 6:30 to 7:30pm West Bend Public Library
- March 16,23,30 Annie's in Armstrong from 9am to Noon
- March 17 Serv Safe @ Extension Office 8 to 5
- March 19 Family Storyteller @ West Bend Public Library 6:30 to 7:30pm
- March 25 Financial Spring Cleaning Noon to 1pm @ West Bend Public Library
- March 26 Family Storyteller @ West Bend Public Library 6:30pm to 7:30pm
- March 27 Clover Kid Lock-in for Palo Alto & Emmet 7pm to Midnight @ Wellness Center
Counties Main Menu
- County Home
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living
AMES, Iowa — Iowa State University Extension and Outreach wants to hear from Iowans about how Iowa State in partnership with counties can best serve citizens. Five town hall meetings have been scheduled across the state.
- Monday, Aug. 27, 10:30 a.m., Ames: Iowa State University, Sun Room, Memorial Union
- Monday, Sept. 10, 10:30 a.m., Atlantic: Cass County ISU Extension and Outreach Office, 805 West 10th Street
- Monday, Sept. 17, 10:30 a.m., Storm Lake: Prairie Lakes AEA Conference Room, 824 Flindt Drive
- Tuesday, Sept. 18, 10:30 a.m., Oskaloosa: Mahaska County ISU Extension and Outreach Office, 212 North I Street
- Wednesday, Sept. 19, 10:30 a.m., Waterloo: Waterloo Center for the Arts, Law Court Theater, 225 Commercial Street
Cathann Kress, ISU Extension and Outreach vice president, and Terry Maloy, Iowa Association of County Extension Councils executive director, will participate in these important conversations with Iowans. ISU College of Design Dean Luis Rico-Gutierrez will attend the Storm Lake and Oskaloosa meetings.
“We are committed to listening to Iowans as we carry out our mission. We want to gather feedback about what we are doing well, where we need to improve, and what needs to be addressed,” said Kress. “All Iowans – citizens, community leaders, decision makers, partners, staff and extension council members – are welcome.”
For more information about the town hall meetings or specific location details, contact a county extension office.