A world of 4-H with you in it. Join 4-H!
Palo Alto County
Iowa State University Extension and Outreach: Palo Alto County
When you need to make decisions that affect your family, community, business or farm, look to Palo Alto County Extension and Iowa State University Extension for unbiased, researched-based information and education to help you make better decisions.
Dates to Remember:
- April 25th - Sheep/Meat Goat Weigh-In for market lambs & meat goats - 9:00-11:00 AM @ fairgrounds
- April 30th Family Story Teller at Graettinger Public Library 6:30 to 7:30pm
- May 1 - Deadline for accepting new enrollments to be eligible to show at the 2015 Palo Alto County Fair
- May 1-3 - Equine Extravaganza, Ellsworth Community College Equestrian Center, Iowa Falls
- May 3 - Jr. Clippers 4-H Club Mtg. - 1:00-3:00 PM @ office
- May 5-7 - EPAK Program for 4thgraders @ fairgrounds
- May 7 - Clover Kids after school – Graettinger group – 4:00-5:30 PM
- May 11 - 4-H Shooting Sports 4-H Club Mtg. – 6:30 PM Sportsman’s Park, Cylinder (unless instructors are in the field – watch email for possible change – will meet one week later on May 18th)
- May 12 - Clover Kids after school – Ruthven group – 3:30-5:00
- May 13 - FSQA Training – 7:00-8:30 PM @ office
- May 15 - DEADLINE FOR ALL ANIMAL IDs TO BE ENTERED IN 4HONLINE
- May 15 - 4-Hers for 4-H Campaign contributions due in county office
- May 15 - Fees for Iowa 4-H Youth Conference, ROUNDUP, & CSI: Crops due in office
Counties Main Menu
- County Home
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living
AMES, Iowa — Iowa State University Extension and Outreach wants to hear from Iowans about how Iowa State in partnership with counties can best serve citizens. Five town hall meetings have been scheduled across the state.
- Monday, Aug. 27, 10:30 a.m., Ames: Iowa State University, Sun Room, Memorial Union
- Monday, Sept. 10, 10:30 a.m., Atlantic: Cass County ISU Extension and Outreach Office, 805 West 10th Street
- Monday, Sept. 17, 10:30 a.m., Storm Lake: Prairie Lakes AEA Conference Room, 824 Flindt Drive
- Tuesday, Sept. 18, 10:30 a.m., Oskaloosa: Mahaska County ISU Extension and Outreach Office, 212 North I Street
- Wednesday, Sept. 19, 10:30 a.m., Waterloo: Waterloo Center for the Arts, Law Court Theater, 225 Commercial Street
Cathann Kress, ISU Extension and Outreach vice president, and Terry Maloy, Iowa Association of County Extension Councils executive director, will participate in these important conversations with Iowans. ISU College of Design Dean Luis Rico-Gutierrez will attend the Storm Lake and Oskaloosa meetings.
“We are committed to listening to Iowans as we carry out our mission. We want to gather feedback about what we are doing well, where we need to improve, and what needs to be addressed,” said Kress. “All Iowans – citizens, community leaders, decision makers, partners, staff and extension council members – are welcome.”
For more information about the town hall meetings or specific location details, contact a county extension office.