A world of 4-H with you in it. Join 4-H!
Palo Alto County
Iowa State University Extension and Outreach: Palo Alto County
When you need to make decisions that affect your family, community, business or farm, look to Palo Alto County Extension and Iowa State University Extension for unbiased, researched-based information and education to help you make better decisions.
Dates to Remember
- July 1 Livestock Fair Entry Day- all animals entries and stall fees due in office for Palo Alto County Fair-- Clay County Fair entries should be started at this time
- July 1 Iowa State Fair Livestock/Horticulture entries due in 4honline
- July 2 Horse Practice 6:30pm @ Fairgrounds
- July 4th Holiday--Office closed
- July 6 Dog Obedience Practice 4:30pm @ fairgrounds
- July 7th Shooting Sports meeting at Sportsman Park 5:00pm
- July 8 Clothing Event Judging 1 pm @ office
- July 9 Horse Practice 6:30 pm @ fairgrounds
- July 10 Iowa State Fair 4=H volunteer apps due in State Office
- July 12 Fair Clean-up day 8:30 am until finished @ fairgrounds
- July 12 Tasting Iowa Foods Tour Bus trip to Des Moines Leaving at 6 am.
- July 13 Dog Obedience practice 4:30pm @ fairgrounds
- July 13 Horse Practice 6:30pm @ fairgrounds
- July 15 Exhibit Judging Day
- July 17 thur 20 Palo Alto County Fair
- July 30 Farm Leasing Meeting 9 am at the Extension Office
Counties Main Menu
- County Home
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living
AMES, Iowa — Iowa State University Extension and Outreach wants to hear from Iowans about how Iowa State in partnership with counties can best serve citizens. Five town hall meetings have been scheduled across the state.
- Monday, Aug. 27, 10:30 a.m., Ames: Iowa State University, Sun Room, Memorial Union
- Monday, Sept. 10, 10:30 a.m., Atlantic: Cass County ISU Extension and Outreach Office, 805 West 10th Street
- Monday, Sept. 17, 10:30 a.m., Storm Lake: Prairie Lakes AEA Conference Room, 824 Flindt Drive
- Tuesday, Sept. 18, 10:30 a.m., Oskaloosa: Mahaska County ISU Extension and Outreach Office, 212 North I Street
- Wednesday, Sept. 19, 10:30 a.m., Waterloo: Waterloo Center for the Arts, Law Court Theater, 225 Commercial Street
Cathann Kress, ISU Extension and Outreach vice president, and Terry Maloy, Iowa Association of County Extension Councils executive director, will participate in these important conversations with Iowans. ISU College of Design Dean Luis Rico-Gutierrez will attend the Storm Lake and Oskaloosa meetings.
“We are committed to listening to Iowans as we carry out our mission. We want to gather feedback about what we are doing well, where we need to improve, and what needs to be addressed,” said Kress. “All Iowans – citizens, community leaders, decision makers, partners, staff and extension council members – are welcome.”
For more information about the town hall meetings or specific location details, contact a county extension office.