A world of 4-H with you in it. Join 4-H!
Palo Alto County
Iowa State University Extension and Outreach: Palo Alto County
When you need to make decisions that affect your family, community, business or farm, look to Palo Alto County Extension and Iowa State University Extension for unbiased, researched-based information and education to help you make better decisions.
Dates to Remember:
- Nov 18th Fumigation 9 am to 12pm @ office
- Nov 27-28 Office closed for Thanksgiving Holiday
- Nov 29 Pillowcase Workshop for ConKerr Cancer @ office
- Dec 1st Steering Commitee Meeting for Annie's 12 to 1 pm at Extension Office
- December 1 Better Kid Care Workshop 6:30 to 8:30 pm at the Extension office
- BQA Dec 2nd 7 to 9 pm at the Extension Office
- Dec 3 Follow up Farm Bill Meeting 7pm Extension Office LIMIT 25--No Walk-ins call Extension to register!!
- Dec 4th Steering Commitee meeting for Tractor and Machine Safety COurse 6:30pm at Pocahontas Extension Office
- Dec 15th Sporting Sports meeting 6:30pm at Extension Office
- Dec 18th Private Pesticide Training in Ruthven 7 pm at the Catholic Church
- Office closed for Christmas Dec 25th and December 26th
Counties Main Menu
- County Home
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living
AMES, Iowa — Iowa State University Extension and Outreach wants to hear from Iowans about how Iowa State in partnership with counties can best serve citizens. Five town hall meetings have been scheduled across the state.
- Monday, Aug. 27, 10:30 a.m., Ames: Iowa State University, Sun Room, Memorial Union
- Monday, Sept. 10, 10:30 a.m., Atlantic: Cass County ISU Extension and Outreach Office, 805 West 10th Street
- Monday, Sept. 17, 10:30 a.m., Storm Lake: Prairie Lakes AEA Conference Room, 824 Flindt Drive
- Tuesday, Sept. 18, 10:30 a.m., Oskaloosa: Mahaska County ISU Extension and Outreach Office, 212 North I Street
- Wednesday, Sept. 19, 10:30 a.m., Waterloo: Waterloo Center for the Arts, Law Court Theater, 225 Commercial Street
Cathann Kress, ISU Extension and Outreach vice president, and Terry Maloy, Iowa Association of County Extension Councils executive director, will participate in these important conversations with Iowans. ISU College of Design Dean Luis Rico-Gutierrez will attend the Storm Lake and Oskaloosa meetings.
“We are committed to listening to Iowans as we carry out our mission. We want to gather feedback about what we are doing well, where we need to improve, and what needs to be addressed,” said Kress. “All Iowans – citizens, community leaders, decision makers, partners, staff and extension council members – are welcome.”
For more information about the town hall meetings or specific location details, contact a county extension office.