Universities Connect Equine Industry Professionals with Resources and Opportunities
AMES, Iowa – Equine business professionals in the North Central Region of the United States are invited to a dynamic, multi-state conference where they will be connected with land grant universities, industry professionals and other valuable resources.
In an effort to keep equine businesses a vital part of rural communities, the Equine Business Conference will provide horse industry professionals with information and resources on liability, business finance, marketing and insurance for equine businesses.
Hosted by Michigan State University, University of Minnesota, University of Nebraska and Iowa State University, this one-day conference will be offered on Saturday, Feb. 25, in four locations – Ames, Iowa; East Lansing, Mich.; St. Paul, Minn.; and Lincoln, Neb. At each location, participants will hear from a “live” industry expert and will see broadcasts of presenters from the other three locations. The Iowa location is Room 13 Curtiss Hall, Iowa State University, Ames.
Conference topics will include:
- Equine Insurance: Using Insurance to Protect Your Horse, Yourself, and Your Equine Business Investment; Wade Ellerbrook, licensed real estate broker, insurance broker and appraiser
- Law: Legal Liability and Contracts; Julie Fershtman, attorney, Foster Swift Collins & Smith, P.C.
- Taxes and Finance: Structuring Your Horse Business to Succeed in the Future; Tina Barrett, executive director, Nebraska Farm Business
- Promotion, Marketing and Advertising: Tips on Social Media and Low- and No-Cost Promotion; Terry Schroeder, CEO, Reichert Celebration, Inc.
Counties Main Menu
- County Home
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living