2012 Theisen’s Home and Farm 4-H Scholarships Awarded
AMes, Iowa -- Three Iowa 4-H members have received Theisen’s Home and Farm 4-H scholarships sponsored by Theisen Supply Inc. Recipients are from Floyd, Jones and Marion counties.
- Floyd County 4-H’er Schae Greenzweig, Charles City, has received a $1,000 Theisens’ Home and Farm 4-H Scholarship. Greenzweig, 18, is the daughter of Galen and Charlotte Greenzweig.
An eight-year 4-H member, Greenzweig has been involved in the communication, beef, sheep, visual art and food and nutrition project areas. She served as club president, vice president and secretary. She plans to attend Iowa State University to major in agriculture and life sciences.
“4-H helped give me a passion for public speaking and working with people,” said Greenzweig.
- Jones County 4-H’er Krista Meyer, Stanwood, has received a $500 Theisen’s Home and Farm 4-H Scholarship. Meyer, 18, is the daughter of Cindy Meyer.
A nine-year 4-H member, Meyer has been involved in the dairy cows, dog, horse, food and nutrition and veterinary science project areas. She served as club president, vice president and treasurer. She plans to attend Kirkwood Community College to major in agricultural business.
“Through showing animals in 4-H, I was able to see how much I like the agriculture industry,” Meyer said. “It also showed me to the importance of community service and giving back.”
- Marion County 4-H’er Bryce Poffenbarger, Knoxville, has received a $1,000 Theisen’s Home and Farm 4-H Scholarship. Poffenbarger, 18, is the son of Bryan and Melissa Poffenbarger.
A nine-year 4-H member, Poffenbarger has been involved in the welding, horse, swine, tractor restoration and beef project areas. He served as club president and vice president. He plans to attend Iowa State University to major in agriculture systems technologies.
“I strongly believe that 4-H has made a huge impact in my future education and career choices,” said Poffenbarger.
Counties Main Menu
- County Home
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living