ISU Extension Advances Economic Development Throughout Iowa - Region 5
AMES, Iowa -- Throughout Iowa, ISU Extension supports economic growth and works to improve quality of life by encouraging business development, helping to create jobs and expanding entrepreneurial activity, according to Jack Payne, vice president for extension and outreach.
Sherry McGill, regional extension education director in Region 5, said examples of projects that are having an economic impact in this area include a new online way to sell Iowa products.
ISU Extension also has helped Latino entrepreneurs in this southeast Iowa region by publishing a free Spanish language newsletter, Negocio Latino (Latino Business).
For more information about ISU Extension’s economic development statewide efforts, see www.extension.iastate.edu/AED/ for a sampling of projects in each county.
About six projects have been reported for three counties in ISU Extension Region 5, including the following:
- Plymouth County Citizens Lead Water Project
- Area's High School Alumni Surveyed on Community Needs
- Wind Energy Conference Provides Research-based Information
- Siouxland Garden Show Draws Nearly 5,000 People
- Youth Leadership Development Is Strong in Monona County
- Rural Sellers Meet Buyers at BuyIowaOnline.com
Jack Payne, vice president for extension and outreach, email@example.com, (515) 294-4603
Sherry McGill, Region 5 extension education director, firstname.lastname@example.org (712) 276-2157
Jacy Johnson, extension strategic relations manager, email@example.com, (515) 294-5672