ISU Extension Specialists Review Livestock Situation Related to Extreme Weather
AMES, Iowa -- Six Iowa State University Extension experts discussed the the current livestock situation in Iowa as affected by extreme weather in 2008 in a special edition of WOI's Talk@12 program aired at noon Thursday, June 19.
The specialists discussed high feed and energy costs and other issues facing livestock producers.
- Dan Loy, ISU Extension beef specialist.
- Dan Morrical, ISU Extension sheep specialist/farm coordinator
- Steve Barnhart, ISU Extension pasture and hay specialist
- John Lawrence, ISU Extension economist and director of the Iowa Beef Center
- Dale Thoreson, ISU Extension dairy/beef/forage field specialist (Butler County)
- Elwynn Taylor, ISU Extension climatologist
You can listen to the complete program online.
Daniel Loy, Animal Science, (515) 294-1058, firstname.lastname@example.org
Daniel Morrical, Animal Science, (515) 294-2904, email@example.com
Stephen Barnhart, Agronomy, (515) 294-7835, firstname.lastname@example.org
John Lawrence, Economics, (515) 294-6290, email@example.com
Dale Thoreson, Field Specialist, (319) 267-2707, firstname.lastname@example.org
Elwynn Taylor, Agronomy, (515) 294-7839, email@example.com
Douglas Cooper, Extension Communications and External Relations, (515) 294-6275, firstname.lastname@example.org