AMES, Iowa -- National Farm Safety and Health Week is Sept. 18-24, now in its 62nd year. The theme, chosen by the National Safety Council, is “Harvesting Safety and Health.”
This compilation of news releases was coordinated by Iowa State University (ISU) Extension. You will find news releases and resource materials from ISU Extension and the following organizations: the Iowa Farm Safety Council, Farm Safety 4 Just Kids, National Education Center for Agricultural Safety (NECAS), Iowa Department of Public Safety, MidWest Plan Service (MWPS), Iowa Safe Kids Coalition, Iowa AgrAbility, and AgriWellness.
Here's what we've included:
· Iowa Farm Safety Council: "Iowa Farm Safety and Health Week"
· Farm Safety 4 Just Kids: "National Farm Safety and Health Week 2005: Stayin' Alive in '05 Spirit Week"
· National Education Center for Agricultural Safety: "Electrocution Can Be a Serious Problem on U.S. Farms," and "Helping Your Fellow Highway Users See You!"
· Iowa Department of Public Safety: "Harvest Season and Slow Moving Vehicles 'Implements of Husbandry'"
· MidWest Plan Service: "Four Farm Safety Books Available from MWPS"
· Iowa Safe Kids Coalition: "Iowa SAFE KIDS Reminds Truck Owners to Protect Their Children"
· Blank Children's Hospital: "ATV Safety"
· Iowa AgrAbility: "Injured, Ill Farmers Know Harvest Dangers, Continue to Work Thanks to Iowa AgrAbility"
· AgriWellness: "Our Behavior: Important Component in Farm Safety and Health"
In addition to the materials we’ve collected from several Iowa farm safety organizations, we are providing you with a copy of the Iowa Farm Safety and Health Week proclamation.
All materials also are available on-line at our farm safety site on the Web at www.abe.iastate.edu/Safety.
On the back of this letter is an Iowa farm safety contact list. We encourage you to remember farm safety. If you have any questions, please contact Chuck Schwab at (515) 294-4131.