About ISU Extension and Outreach: Muscatine County
The Muscatine County Extension Council, county staff and ISU Extension and Outreach staff work together to provide research-based learning opportunities for our citizens. Through this partnership, we carry Iowa State University’s land-grant mission across Muscatine County.
Our 2016 Annual Report tells how we act on that commitment.
An Iowa State University Extension and Outreach County extension Council is a group of nine locally elected public officials. They build partnerships and provide research-based learning opportunities to improve the quality of life in their county.
- Identify the needs of public and private enterprises, families, and communities in the county.
- Link the resources of Iowa State University, the community, other agencies, and funding sources to the needs in the district.
- Market and represent ISU Extension and Outreach.
- Represent diverse groups, issues, and concerns that characterize the county.
- Be partners in ISU Extension and Outreach's future.
Third Tuesday of every month, except July
Iowa State University Extension and Outreach - Muscatine County
1514 Isett Avenue
Muscatine, IA 52761
- Mary Maurer - term expires 12/2018 - Chairperson
- Sean Olson - term expires 12/2020 - Vice Chairperson
- Lance Rowell - term expires 12/2020 - Treasurer
- Jody Riibe - term expires 12/2018 - Secretary
- Robert Chrz - term expires 12/2020
- Jo Ann Christofferson - term expires 12/2018
- Cindy Mays - term expires 12/2020
- Chris Wulf - term expires 12/2018
- One Vacancy
The Muscatine County Extension Council is the county governing body of Iowa State University Extension and Outreach. The council is a group of nine locally elected public officials. The council hires county staff, manages the county extension budget, and helps determine county programming. In partnership with Iowa State University Extension and Outreach, the council provides educational opportunities that bring university resources to the needs of the county and region. Muscatine County Extension provides programming in the following four areas:
Counties Main Menu
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living
Upcoming County Fair Events
- FSQA - Food Safety & Quality Assurance
- Sheep/Meat Goat Weigh-In-Muscatine County
- Muscatine County Fair Superintendents Meeting
- 4-H Dog Obedience Classes Begin
- 4-H Livestock Project ID--Deadline--Due May 15