Upcoming 4-H Events
Eastern Iowa 4-H Project Workshop: Dare to Explore... April 25
Registration deadline extended to April 17.
Join 4-H youth from surrounding counties and plan to attend the Eastern Iowa 4‑H Project Workshop – Dare to Dream… on Saturday, April 25, from 9:00 am to 2:30 pm, at North Scott High School, 200 S. 1st Street, Eldridge, Listen to a nationally known motivational speaker, select from a variety of project workshops, and have FUN! Cost, which includes lunch, is $15 for 4-H members, $20 for non-4-H members, and $5 for adults. Parents will have their own tract and will be able to learn about topics of their choosing. CLICK HERE for a flier and registration form. The registration deadline has been extended to April 17. Sign-up now!
Food Safety & Quality Assurance Certification Classes
All 4-H'ers who will be showing beef, bucket calf, sheep, swine, meat goats, dairy goats, rabbits, or poultry at the Muscatine County Fair and the Iowa State Fair must be FSQA certified to be eligible to show. One date remains in Muscatine County.
- Wednesday, April 8, 6:30-8:00 pm, at the Extension Office (poultry and rabbits will be discussed, but anyone can attend and be certified)
You may also attend a training in another county. 4-H'ers in grade 7 and above can test out. Contact the Extension Office for more information.
County Council Schwan's Fundraiser
A big THANK YOU to those who ordered Schwan's products from the Muscatine County Council fundraiser. A total of $257 was raised during the main campaign from November 15 to December 30. If you missed the campaiggn, you can still order products through November 15, 2015, and County Council will earn 5% from each sale. Log-on at https://www.schwans-cares.com/campaigns/15084-muscatine-county-4-h-council to make your order.
General 4-H Information
Muscatine County 4-H Endowment
Enroll in 4-H
- 4HOnline Enrollment Program
- 4-H Enrollment Form and Help Documents
- Code of Ethics
- New 4-H Project Areas
Risk Management Forms
- Medical Release Form - 4-H Youth
- Medical Release Form - Non 4-H Youth
- Medical Release Form - Adult
- Medication Request Form
- Incident/Injury Form
NOTE: 4-H animals are now identified through 4hOnline. Login to your records and click on the Animals link at the top to identify your animals. Animals that are weighed will be entered by 4-H staff and must be verified by the 4-H family. Paper copies of ID's are accepted, but 4hOnline is the preferred method.
- Checklist for Showing Your Animals at County and State Fairs
- Breeding Beef ID
- Market Beef ID - identified at the December weigh-in
- Bucket Calf ID
- Dairy & Dairy Goat ID
- Dog ID
- Horse & Pony ID
- Horse Lease Agreement
- Sheep ID
- Swine ID
- Meat Goat ID
Recognition - Applications are available in Word format and PDF.
- County Awards Process Information
- Junior Recognition Application Word Format
- Junior Recognition Application PDF
- Intermediate Recognition Application Word Format
- Intermediate Recognition Application PDF
- Senior Recognition Application Word Format
- Senior Recognition Application PDF
- Year End Best Horse Records Award
- Area/State Recognition
- Club Secretary Book - download and type on your computer!
- Club Reporter Report Form- can be downloaded, typed, and e-mailed to your local newspaper
- Club Program Planning Sheet
- Club Officers List
- 2014 Muscatine County Fair - Fair book, forms, club information
- Iowa State Fair - 4-H Information
- Iowa State Fair - General Information
4-H Horse Project Information
2015 Summer Horse Shows
Dates for the 2015 summer horse shows have been set. They are June 7, June 28 (Trophy Show), August 2, and August 23 with August 30 reserved for a rain date if needed. All shows are held at the Tom Martin Horse Arena on the Muscatine County Fairgrounds in West Liberty, Iowa.
Any 4-H and FFA member in grades 4-12, from another county is invited to participate in all shows as long as proof of 4-H/FFA membership is documented. Documentation could include a membership card, proof of 4-H/FFA records, letter/statement from Extension Office or club/chapter leader, etc.
Counties Main Menu
- County Home
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living