Upcoming 4-H Events
See you at the Fair!
General 4-H Information
Muscatine County 4-H Endowment
Enroll in 4-H
- 4HOnline Enrollment Program
- 4-H Enrollment Form and Help Documents
- Code of Ethics
- New 4-H Project Areas
Risk Management Forms
- Medical Release Form - 4-H Youth
- Medical Release Form - Non 4-H Youth
- Medical Release Form - Adult
- Medication Request Form
- Incident/Injury Form
NOTE: 4-H animals are now identified through 4hOnline. Login to your records and click on the Animals link at the top to identify your animals. Animals that are weighed will be entered by 4-H staff and must be verified by the 4-H family. Paper copies of ID's are accepted, but 4hOnline is the preferred method. Contact the Extension Office if you need assistance.
- Checklist for Showing Your Animals at County and State Fairs
- Breeding Beef ID
- Market Beef ID - identified at the December weigh-in
- Bucket Calf ID
- Dairy & Dairy Goat ID
- Dog ID
- Horse & Pony ID
- Horse Lease Agreement
- Sheep ID
- Swine ID
- Meat Goat ID
Recognition - Applications are available in Word format and PDF.
- County Awards Process Information
- Junior Recognition Application Word Format
- Junior Recognition Application PDF
- Intermediate Recognition Application Word Format
- Intermediate Recognition Application PDF
- Senior Recognition Application Word Format
- Senior Recognition Application PDF
- Year End Best Horse Records Award
- Area/State Recognition
Club Secretary Book - download and type on your computer!
- Club Reporter Report Form- can be downloaded, typed, and e-mailed to your local newspaper
- Club Program Planning Sheet
- Club Officers List
- 2016 Muscatine County Fair - Fair book, forms, club information
- Iowa State Fair - 4-H Information
- Iowa State Fair - General Information
4-H Dog Project Information
4-H Dog Obedience Classes will begin on Sunday, May 1, at 6:00 pm in the large show ring on the Muscatine County Fairgrounds in West Liberty and continue on most Sunday's until the fair. Since the classes will be indoors they will not be cancelled if it is raining. Check the Dog Class Schedule link above.
A Dog Class Orientation will be held on Wednesday, April 20, at 6:30 pm at the Extension Office. This will be a good time to turn in your dog's shot records as you cannot bring your dog to class until your dog's shots are up to date (parvo/distemper, rabies, and bordatella). You can also upload shot records in 4hOnline if you'd like, but we would still like to have a paper copy on file.
Don't forget to identify your dog as your project in 4hOnline. After logging in to your records, click on the Animals/Livestock link toward the top of the page. Select Dog from the drop down menu, fill in the information, and hit Save. There is an option to upload a photo of your dog. This is nice, but purely optional.
Once your dog is identified, you wiill need to make a fair entry through an online program called FairEntry. FairEntry was created by the same company as 4hOnline so you will login with the same login as 4hOnline. That link is https://www.fairentry.com/Fair/SignIn/430, but it will only be open for entries from May 20 to June 26. Late entries after June 26 will be assessed a $25 late fee per entry.
Contact the Extension Office if you have questions.
4-H Horse Project Information
2016 Summer Horse Shows
Dates for the 2016 summer horse shows have been set. They are May 22 (Fun Show), June 5, and July 10. All shows start at 9:00 am and are held at the Tom Martin Horse Arena on the Muscatine County Fairgrounds in West Liberty, Iowa.
Any 4-H and FFA member in grades 4-12, from another county is invited to participate in all shows as long as proof of 4-H/FFA membership is documented. Documentation could include a membership card, proof of 4-H/FFA records, letter/statement from Extension Office or club/chapter leader, etc.
Counties Main Menu
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living