Upcoming 4-H Events
4-H 5K Fun Run - October 4
The 4-H 5K Fun Run is a great race that starts out at Muscatine's Musser Park, then travels along the great Mississippi River to the Muscatine riverfront, and back to Musser Park. The race begins at 9:00 am. Check-in and day of race registration is from 8:00-8:50 am the day of the race. Each particpant will receive a 4-H drawstring backpack. Awards include overall male and female runners as well as 1st, 2nd, and 3rd placings in eight male and female age divsions. Entry fee is $15. All proceeds will go into the Muscatine County 4-H Endowment to be used for 2014-15 4-H enrollment fees. For a registration form, click here.
County Recognition Applications Due to Extension Office by September 15.
Get recognized for all you hard work and apply for county recognition. Applications can be found below under the Recognition heading listed below. Seperate awards are available for juniors, intermediates, and seniors. Applications are due to the Extension Office by Monday, September 15. In addition to submitting an application, intermediates (completed grades 7-8) and seniors (completed grades 9-12) participate in an interview on Sunday, September 28, at the Extension Office.
For more information, see the links under the Recognition heading or contact the Extension Office.
Muscatine County 4-H Endowment
Enroll in 4-H
- 4HOnline Enrollment Program
- 4-H Enrollment Form and Help Documents
- Code of Ethics
- New 4-H Project Areas
Risk Management Forms
- Medical Release Form - 4-H Youth
- Medical Release Form - Non 4-H Youth
- Medical Release Form - Adult
- Medication Request Form
- Incident/Injury Form
NOTE: 4-H animals are now identified through 4hOnline. Login to your records and click on the Animals link at the top to identify your animals. Animals that are weighed will be entered by 4-H staff and must be verified by the 4-H family. Paper copies of ID's are accepted, but 4hOnline is the preferred method.
- Checklist for Showing Your Animals at County and State Fairs
- Breeding Beef ID
- Market Beef ID - identified at the December weigh-in
- Bucket Calf ID
- Dairy & Dairy Goat ID
- Dog ID
- Horse & Pony ID
- Horse Lease Agreement
- Sheep ID
- Swine ID
- Meat Goat ID
Recognition - Applications are available in Word format and PDF.
- County Awards Process Information
- Junior Recognition Application Word Format
- Junior Recognition Application PDF
- Intermediate Recognition Application Word Format
- Intermediate Recognition Application PDF
- Senior Recognition Application Word Format
- Senior Recognition Application PDF
- Year End Best Horse Records Award
- Area/State Recognition
- Club Secretary Book - download and type on your computer!
- Club Reporter Report Form- can be downloaded, typed, and e-mailed to your local newspaper
- Club Program Planning Sheet
- Club Officers List
- 2014 Muscatine County Fair - Fair book, forms, club information
- Iowa State Fair - 4-H Information
- Iowa State Fair - General Information
4-H Horse Project Information
2014 Summer Horse Shows
One date remains for the 2014 summer horse shows - August 17. All shows are held at the Tom Martin Horse Arena on the Muscatine County Fairgrounds in West Liberty, Iowa.
Any 4-H and FFA member in grades 4-12, from another county is invited to participate in all shows as long as proof of 4-H/FFA membership is documented. Documentation could include a membership card, proof of 4-H/FFA records, letter/statement from Extension Office or club/chapter leader, etc.
Counties Main Menu
- County Home
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living