About ISU Extension and Outreach: Montgomery County
Weed & Plant ID
4-H Youth Program
Water Test Information
Community & Economic Development
Summer Youth Daycamps
When you need to make decisions that affect your family, community, business, or farm, look at Iowa State University Extension. You can rely on ISU Extension for unbiased, research-based information and education to help you make better decisions today and tomorrow.
Montgomery County Extension is supported financially with county, state and federal tax dollars. Additional funding for targeted programs is sought through public and private partnerships.
A nine-member council of locally elected citizens oversees Montgomery County Extension, helping assure a local presence for programming and sound fiscal management of the organization.
The Montgomery County Extension Council, county staff and ISU Extension and Outreach staff work together to provide research-based learning opportunities for our citizens. Through this partnership, we carry Iowa State University’s land-grant mission across Montgomery County.
Our 2011 Points of Pride tells how we act on that commitment.
Montgomery County programs are fulfilling that commitment:
- Becoming a scientist or engineer is not easy, but Iowa teens are getting hands-on experience.
- In only seven weeks, a child can learn how to stay away from alcohol and drugs.
- Starting conversations that lead to farm business transitionsfrom one generation to the next is hard – we help get them started.
- Schools and restaurants are trained to safely prepare nutritious foods.
- Families are learninghow to prepare healthy, economical meals.
- Foods grown and marketed locally boost the local economy and fulfill consumer demands
- Our communities are more sustainable.
- Businesses get individualized supportthey need to grow.
- Farmers depend on us for the latest crop production research.
We can anticipate trends, build relationships, and catalyze opportunities because we are part of the ongoing life of our communities, committed to healthy people, healthy environments, and healthy economies.
Counties Main Menu
- County Home
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living