Montgomery County Extension is Seeking a Summer Assistant
Montgomery County Extension is currently seeking qualified applicants for our Summer Assistant position. Candidates should have an interest in Extension work, 4-H/youth programming or education. Applications will be accepted until April 25.
Primary job responsbibilities include assisting with summer events and activities including youth camps and county fair. Other responsibilities my include assisting with pre-fair activities, county and state fair entry processing, maintaining accurate records, and other clerical duties and staff support as needed.
- High school graduate or equivalent (advanced training preferred—at least one year of college or other relevant post-high school experience)
- Complete a successful background screening
- An interest in Extension, 4-H, youth programming, and education desirable
- 4-H experience and knowledge preferred, either as member or volunteer
- Computer skills
- Ability to communicate well orally and in writing
- Licensed driver and access to reliable transportation
- Ability to work with the public and have effective customer service skills
- Personal skills such as commitment to the job, self-motivation, organization, the ability to multi-task, positive attitude, self-confident, and ability to be a productive member of a team
The employee will be expected to work 30-40 hours a week, primarily in June and July (more during fair week). Exact starting and end dates are negotiable.
To apply, please send the application (with current resume if available) to Stephanie Langner, Montgomery County Extension Program Coordinator, 400 Bridge St. Suite #2, Red Oak, IA 51566. Application materials can also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 712-623-2594. Links to Full Job Description and Job Application
Counties Main Menu
- County Home
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living