Montgomery County Extension is Seeking a Summer Assistant
Montgomery County Extension is currently seeking qualified applicants for our Summer Assistant position. Candidates should have an interest in Extension, 4-H, youth programming, or education. Applications will be accepted until May 9th.
Primary job responsbilities include assisting with summer events and activities including youth camps and county fair. Other responsibilities may include assisting with pre-fair activities, county and state fair entry processing, maintaining accurate records, and other clerical duties and staff support as the need arises.
- High school graduate or equivalent (advanced training preferred),
- Complete a successful background screening
- 4-H experience and knowledge preferred, either as member or volunteer
- Computer skills
- Ability to communicate well orally and in writing
- Licensed driver and access to reliable transportation
- Ability to work with the public and have effective customer service skills
- Personal skills such as commitment to the job, self-motivation, organization, the ability to multi-task, positive attitude, self-confident, and ability to be a productive member of a team
The employee will be expected to work up to 40 hours a week, primarly in June and July. Exact starting and ending dates are negotiable.
To apply, please send the application, a cover letter and resume to Stephanie Langner, Montgomery County Extension Program Coordinator, 400 Bridge St. #2, Red Oak, IA 51566. Application materials can also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 712-623-2594 Full Job Description and Application
Counties Main Menu
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living