Regional Summer Camp Wild for 5th and 6th graders
SW Iowa 4-H Jr. Camp--A walk on the wild side.
While everyone else is bored with the same old stuff like hanging out in the back yard or watching TV, you can be:
Learning how to climb up a 50 foot high wall and rappelling back down.
Rowing to the front of the pack in your sleek canoe.
Searching for creatures of the night through night hikes.
Playing water volleyball.
Discovering all the creatures that live in the cool water during the creek walk.
Making new friends.
And lots more!!!!
This is just a brief sample of the great activities happening at camp this summer.
Take a ride on the "WILD" side and mark on your calendars to attend Regions 12, 17 & 18 4-H 5th & 6th Grade Junior Camp, June 9-12, 2013 at the Iowa 4-H Camping Center near Madrid, Iowa.
Regions 12, 17 & 18 Area 4-H Junior camp is open to all youth in the counties who have completed grades 5 and 6 grade this year and will be held in Birch Village ( a village at the Iowa 4-H Camp Center in Madrid) The camp will be filled at 100 youth, so you will want to register early before it fills up. 4-H camps are open to all youth, membership in a 4-H club is not required. So bring a friend and share the experience!
Camp Registration Deadline: May 24, However we only have spots for 100 campers so it is a good idea to get your registration in ASAP.
Who: Youth from Regions 12, 17 & 18 Counties**completing 5th or 6th Grade this school year.
Cost: $145.00 per camper for the four day camp (Some County Scholarships may be available for campers)
Dates: 3 p.m. Sunday, June 9th to Closing Ceremony 12 p.m. Wednesday, June 12, 2013
Links and Forms:
- 2013 Area Jr. Camp Counselor Application due APRIL 5! (MSWord) (.pdf format Counselor App)
- 2013 Area Jr. Camper Application and Parent Waiver (pdf format) Print, Complete, and mail along with check to listed address.
- Request for Providing Mediation at a 4-H Event (MSWord) (pdf format for Providing Medication) Form must be filled out and brought to camp for campers and counselors that will be taking any medication while at Camp.
- For Friends of 4-H members who are not club members, who are registering to Attend Camp, they must fill out this Non 4-H Member Medical Information Form( MSWord) (.pdf version)
- What to Bring to Camp List (pdf format)
- Driving Directions to the Iowa 4-H Camping Center
- Map of the Iowa 4-H Camping Center
- Iowa 4-H Center (web site with maps and directions, incase of emergency contacts, etc.)
County Camp Publicity Packet (MSWord)
For questions or to find out more contact David Seilstad at the Harrison County Extension Office, Tel# 712/644-2105 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Counties Main Menu
- County Home
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living