January 2012 Links 4U – Annual Report
Telling our Story
Our stakeholders — clients, citizens, partners, funders or public policy leaders — hold us accountable. They want to know that their investments in ISU Extension and Outreach are improving quality of life in Iowa. Being able to tell our story in a way that they will remember (and share with others) is critical to our ability to survive and thrive.
2011 Annual Report
The 2011 Annual Report is full of stories that feature People Advancing People. The stories are captured in the form of videos, available online in an easy-to-browse format. They demonstrate how Extension and Outreach anticipates issues, acts as a catalyst for change and stays around for the long haul. Local impact pages further expand on the program successes achieved at the county and regional level by highlighting points of pride from around the state. The report shows real people making a difference.
The 2011 Annual report is available online at:
The 2011 Points of Pride local impact page is available online at:
- The 2011 Annual Report is also available in a mobile-friendly website for users logging in on a mobile device.
All Extension and Outreach faculty and staff are encouraged to share links to the report and local impact pages.
- Post a link to the report on your county pages.
- Send to partners and community leaders via email.
- Share our successes via social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) and other electronic means.
- Participate in the conversation by sharing your experiences.
The online webpages also feature share buttons that can be used to highlight specific content or the overall report.
For sharing the report via email, three postcards are available, directed at different audiences and calls to action.
2011 Annual Report e-Postcard Instructions
- Copy one of the images below and its accompanying text and paste it into a new e-mail message. Or, right-click and save the image to your computer and insert it into a new email message.
- You may add your own personal message if you would like.
- Send a test version to yourself.
- Add your contacts.
- Suggested subject line: Iowa State University Extension and Outreach 2011 Annual Report.
- Hit send.
Choose from one of these postcards, based on your audience:
- Postcard #1 (JPG) – has a message for legislators and other influencers to continue their support of ISU Extension and Outreach
In 2011, Iowa State University Extension and Outreach helped Iowa companies make $43 million in new investments and create or retain more than 6,000 jobs. That’s just one way we continue our commitment to Iowans and to Iowa’s future.
Explore more ways ISU Extension and Outreach impacts Iowa in the 2011 Annual Report, and help support our mission to provide ongoing access to education for all Iowans.
Postcard #2 – focuses on current and potential donors
Thank you for supporting ISU Extension and Outreach last year. Because of your generous gifts of time, talent and treasure, ISU Extension and Outreach made a difference in the lives of more than one million Iowans last year. Some examples include: 94,000 youth were involved in 4-H programs, 196,000 Iowans increased their understanding and skills on family issues, and 10,000 crop farmers had one-on-one consultation with Extension field agronomists.
See how ISU Extension and Outreach is involved in everyday lives in the 2011 Annual Report. Thanks again for your support!
- Postcard #3 (JPG) – asks readers to explore our programming and resources and get involved
About 1.8 million people, including 94,000 youth, benefited from Iowa State University Extension and Outreach programs in 2011. Programs and resources range from 4-H Youth Development, health and nutrition, and family and home life, to agriculture, business and industry, and community issues.
Discover more about the programs and resources available by viewing the ISU Extension and Outreach 2011 Annual Report and getting involved.
A short, printed piece also is available for you to download and print as needed, along with a printable financials PDF. The first piece highlights quick facts and financials from ISU Extension and Outreach in 2011. Use this as a leave-behind piece when meeting with community partners, then follow up with an e-postcard that takes them directly to the site. The second piece has financials, with charts.
You also are encouraged to use the videos at such events as meetings, Rotary lunches, workshops, etc. You can view the videos on the Annual Report website, grab embed code from the site, or view the videos individually or as a playlist on YouTube:
- 2011 Annual Report videos playlist (YouTube)
- 2011 Points of Pride local impact videos playlist (YouTube)
Thank you for using the 2011 Annual Report to help others recognize the value of ISU Extension and Outreach.
Counties Main Menu
- County Home
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living