Camp Wild! Junior camp at Madrid for 5th & 6th Grade
SW Iowa 4-H Jr. Camp--A walk on the wild side.
While everyone else is bored with the same old stuff like hanging out in the back yard or watching TV, you can be:
Learning how to climb up a 50 foot high wall and rappelling back down.
Rowing to the front of the pack in your sleek canoe.
Searching for creatures of the night through night hikes.
Playing water volleyball.
Discovering all the creatures that live in the cool water during the creek walk.
Making new friends.
And lots more!!!!
This is just a brief sample of the great activities happening at camp this summer.
Take a ride on the "WILD" side and mark on your calendars to attend Regions 12, 17 & 18 4-H 5th & 6th Grade Junior Camp, June 8-11, 2014 at the Iowa 4-H Camping Center near Madrid, Iowa.
Regions 12, 17 & 18 Area 4-H Junior camp is open to all youth in the counties who have completed grades 5 and 6 grade this year and will be held in Hickory Village ( a village at the Iowa 4-H Camp Center in Madrid) The camp will be filled at 80 youth, so you will want to register early before it fills up. 4-H camps are open to all youth, membership in a 4-H club is not required. So bring a friend and share the experience!
Regions 12, 17 & 18 Jr. Camper Letter Contents that will be sent by Post May 30:
- Camper Welcome Letter (.pdf)
- State 4-H Camping Center Map
- Directions to the State 4-H Camping Center
- 2014 Tentative Camp Schedule
- What to Bring to Camp (.pdf)
- List of 2014 Regions 12, 17 & 18 4-H Jr. 5th & 6th Grade Camp list for Carpooling with Cabin Assignments
- Request for Giving Prescription/Non-Prescription Medicaitons at a 4-H Event MSWord (.pdf)
- Youth Non-Member 4-H Medical Information Release form MSWord (.pdf)
Camp Registration Deadline: May 23, However we only have spots for 100 campers so it is a good idea to get your registration in ASAP.
Who: Youth from Regions 12, 17 & 18 Counties**completing 5th or 6th Grade this school year.
Cost: $185.00 per camper for the four day camp (Most Counties have Scholarships available for campers)
Dates: 3 p.m. Sunday, June 8th to Closing Ceremony 11 a.m. Wednesday, June 11, 2014
Links and Forms:
- 2014 Area Jr. Camp Counselor Application due APRIL 4! (MSWord) (.pdf format Counselor App)
- 2014 Area Jr. Camper Application and Parent Waiver-MSWord Format (pdf format) Print, Complete, and mail along with check to listed address.
- Request for Providing Mediation at a 4-H Event (MSWord) (pdf format for Providing Medication) Form must be filled out and brought to camp for campers and counselors that will be taking any medication while at Camp.
- For Friends of 4-H members who are not club members, who are registering to Attend Camp, they must fill out this Non 4-H Member Medical Information Form( MSWord) (.pdf version)
- What to Bring to Camp List (pdf format)
- Driving Directions to the Iowa 4-H Camping Center
- Map of the Iowa 4-H Camping Center
- Iowa 4-H Center (web site with maps and directions, incase of emergency contacts, etc.)
County Camp Publicity Packet (MSWord)
NEW! April/May 4H News Article featuring Hickory Village for Jr. Camp (.pdf)
2014 Camper Recruitment 4-H Newsleter Article (.pdf)
2014 Counselor Recruitment Packet, Newsletter Article and Letter to Senor 4-H'ers (.pdf)
2014 Camp Counselor Application (.pdf)
2014 Camper Registration Form and Parent Permission Form (.pdf)
For questions or to find out more contact David Seilstad at the Harrison County Extension Office, Tel# 712/644-2105712/644-2105 or email:email@example.com
Counties Main Menu
- County Home
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living