A world of 4-H with you in it. Join 4-H!
Iowa State University Extension & Outreach: ">Mills County
ISU Extension and Outreach is part of Iowa State University. We take the university’s research and turn it into learning opportunities for Iowans.
Record Book Forms for 4Hers
October 4H Newsletter
MILLS COUNTY FAIR JULY 8-12, 2016
2015 Mills County Resource Directory
">Happening in Mills County Information:
- 2015-2016 4H Dues are $30 if paid before November 1st. After November 1st $35
- 2015-2016 Clover Kids Dues are $20
- October 13- Youth Committee meeting
- October 18TH- Junior Halloween Harvest Party sponsored by County Council 2-4pm at Malvern Community Building for 4th-6th graders
- October 18th- Youth Shotgun Shooting at SWISC (Southwest Iowa Sportsmans Club) Bring your shells and shoot free 5:30-7pm- your 4H Shooting Sports Leaders will be there
- October 21st- CPAT- Roadside, Forest, Aquatic Pest Management 2,5,6 & 10 9-11:30am
- October 23rd- Computer and Technology Mentoring at Glenwood Library 1-3pm
- October 25th- Youth Shotgun Shooting at SWISC. Bring your shells and shoot free 5:30-7pm. Your 4H Shooting Sports Instructors will be there!
- October 29th- Women, Land & Legacy event at Bodega Victoriana
- October 29th- CPAT- Mosquito/ Public Health Pest Mamagement 7D, 8 & 10 from 9-11:30am
- October 31st Awards Interviews at East Mills High School THIS IS A NEW DATE!!!
- November 1st - Awards Program 1:30pm at the Malvern Community Building THIS IS A NEW DATE!!!!
- November 3rd- CREW meeting 6:30pm- we are doing fleece tie blankets at the Extension Office. Bring 2 pieces of fleece 1 1/2- 2 yards.Also, scissors if you have some that will cut through the material!
- November 11th- Ornamental and Turfgrass Applicators Categories: 3O (Ornamental Pest), 3T (Turf Pest), 3OT (Ornamental and Turf Pest), and 10 (Research and Demonstration) 9-11:30am
- November 13th- Computer and Technology Mentoring at Glenwood Library 1-3pm
- November 17th- Fumigation Categories: 7C (Fumigation) and 10 (Research and Demonstration) 9-11:30am
- November 18th- Commercial Ag Weed, Insect, and Plant Disease Management Categories: 1A (Agricultural Weed), 1B (Agricultural Insect), 1C (Agricultural Crop Disease), and 10 (Research and Demonstration) 9-11:30am
- December 2nd- Pest Control Operators Categories: 7A (General & Household Pest), 7B (Termite), 8 (Public Health), and 10 (Research and Demonstration) 9-11:30am
- December 8th- CREW- we are delivering our blankets to Children's Hospital- call for RSVP & details
- December 29- FSQA Class for all 4-6th Graders in Livestock Projects- REQUIRED
- January 9-10- CREW Overnight to ???? RSVP for details
- February 9th- Commercial Ag Weed, Insect, and Plant Disease Management Categories: 1A (Agricultural Weed), 1B (Agricultural Insect), 1C (Agricultural Crop Disease), and 10 (Research and Demonstration)
- February 20- CREW Skating and Laser Tag- RSVP for details
- March 29, 2016- CLOTHING CONTEST, COMMUNICATIONS CONTEST AND BUCKET OF JUNK at Malvern Community Building 5pm start
- May 1st- CREW Adventureland trip- call for details. Date may change!
- June 7th- CREW leads the Junior Outdoor Adventure Camp at Pony Creek Park
- June 18 & 20-24- Aquatic Robotics Club in Malvern. Equipment check on Saturday , then we begin water checks in 5 area lakes! Only 6 openings.
- July 6, 2016- Pre-fair clean up
- July 8-12, 2016 Mills County Fair
Counties Main Menu
- County Home
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living
WOW Newsletter- Words on Wellness
NEWS You Can Use Newsletter- Nutrition Education with Seniors
October 2015 NEWS
Fair Entry fwebsite or Mills County Fair 2015
How to Enter exhibits into Fair Entry for 2015
Mills County Fair Website
Mills County Fair RV Park
61317 315th Street
Malvern, Iowa 51551
Mills County Fairground now has RV sites for your use, also a great place to stop over with your horses as you travel through.
Call Bob 712-520-6663 or Woody 402-740-4028.
Answer Line 800-262-3804
Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to Noon, 1-4 p.m.
Questions relating to home and family