A world of 4-H with you in it. Join 4-H!
Iowa State University Extension & Outreach: ">Mills County
ISU Extension and Outreach is part of Iowa State University. We take the university’s research and turn it into learning opportunities for Iowans.
Record Book Forms for 4Hers
November 4H Newsletter
MILLS COUNTY FAIR JULY 8-12, 2016
2015 Mills County Resource Directory
">Happening in Mills County Information:
Mills County Extension Office will be relocating in December. Please be patient as we prepare for this move. We will be relocating to 430 1st Street Glenwood Iowa 51534 during the next few weeks. During the week of December 7th, we will be transitioning between the 2 offices, so please be patient. Please expect us to be ready for business to week of December 14th.
New Phone number as of December 1st (although we may not be available to answer until December 7th) is 712-527-3316. The new fax will be 712-527-2952.
2015-2016 4H Dues are $30 if paid before November 1st. After November 1st $35
- 2015-2016 Clover Kids Dues are $20
- November 24- Pie Baking with expert Alan Hall at East Mills High School. 5:30pm. MUST RSVP
- November 26-27- Office Closed for holiday
- November 29- Hippology Practice cancelled
- December 1st- Hippology Parent Meeting at Extension Office 6:30pm in Malvern
- December 2nd- Pest Control Operators Categories: 7A (General & Household Pest), 7B (Termite), 8 (Public Health), and 10 (Research and Demonstration) 9-11:30am
- December 3- Heart of Leadership 4H Leaders Webinar 7pm
- December 4- Hippology Practice 5-6:30
- December 6- Hippology Practice 6:30-8pm
- December 8th- CREW- we are delivering our blankets to Children's Hospital- call for RSVP & details
- December 12- First Lego League Competition at Lewis Central Middle School
- December 18- Pesticide Testing in Office by IDALS 10-2- NEW LOCATION 430 1ST STREET IN GLENWOOD
- December 19- Beef Weigh In at Fairgrounds 8:30-9:30am
- December 23-25- Office Closed for Holiday
- December 29- FSQA Class for all 4-6th Graders in Livestock Projects at malvern Community Building- REQUIRED
- January 1- Office Closed for Holiday
- January 9- FTC Final Championship competition
- January 9-10- CREW Overnight to ???? RSVP for details
- January 17- Bake This! Set This! New 4H Family Meeting, Project Workshops & more!
- February 6th- Region 17 Night at the Lancers Hockey Game- Tickets $12 each and tshirts $12 each $5 meal deal available.
- February 9th- Commercial Ag Weed, Insect, and Plant Disease Management Categories: 1A (Agricultural Weed), 1B (Agricultural Insect), 1C (Agricultural Crop Disease), and 10 (Research and Demonstration)
- February 20- CREW Skating and Laser Tag- RSVP for details
- February 20- Aquatic Robotics Competition
- March 1- CREW meet at Extension Office- plan Relay for Life Fundraiser
- March 4-6- Quiz Bowl & Hippology Jamboree Contest in Ames
- March 12- Region 17 Leadership Council Overnight in Carson
- March 19- Aquatic Robotics New Team Building Day 8-3:30pm
- March 29, 2016- CLOTHING CONTEST, COMMUNICATIONS CONTEST AND BUCKET OF JUNK at Malvern Community Building 5pm start
- April 2- Sure Shots hosting a swine workshop
- April 5- CREW plan Junior Outdoor Adventure Camp
- April 9- Region 17 Senior Outdoor Activity Day in Gretna at 4H Camp. Zip Line, Climbing wall, campfire cooking and more! For all 9-12th grade 4Hers. Cost is $40/person. RSVP 624-8616.
- April 15-17- Intermediate Regional Trip to ______________________
- April 19- Horse Practice Begins
- April 21- Dog Practice Begins
- April 30- Sure Shots Hosting a Beef Workshop
- May 1st- CREW Adventureland trip- call for details. Date may change!
- June 4- Relay for Life- CREW
- June 7th- CREW leads the Junior Outdoor Adventure Camp at Pony Creek Park
- June 12-15- Regional Junior Camp WIld at Nebraska 4H Camp
- June 18 & 20-24- Aquatic Robotics Club in Malvern. Equipment check on Saturday , then we begin water checks in 5 area lakes! Only 6 openings.
- June 29- July 1- State 4H Youth Conference
- July 6, 2016- Pre-fair clean up
- July 8-12, 2016 Mills County Fair
Counties Main Menu
- County Home
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living
Answer Line 800-262-3804
Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to Noon, 1-4 p.m.
Questions relating to home and family
WOW Newsletter- Words on Wellness
NEWS You Can Use Newsletter- Nutrition Education with Seniors
October 2015 NEWS
Fair Entry fwebsite or Mills County Fair 2015
How to Enter exhibits into Fair Entry for 2015
Mills County Fair Website
Mills County Fair RV Park
61317 315th Street
Malvern, Iowa 51551
Mills County Fairground now has RV sites for your use, also a great place to stop over with your horses as you travel through.
Call Bob 712-520-6663 or Woody 402-740-4028.