A world of 4-H with you in it. Join 4-H!
Iowa State University Extension & Outreach: ">Mills County
ISU Extension and Outreach is part of Iowa State University. We take the university’s research and turn it into learning opportunities for Iowans.
Record Book Forms for 4Hers
May 2015 4H Newsletter May Special Edition 4H News
June/ July Newsletter and Fair Info for 4H
"How To" enter exhibits in Fair Entry for Fair 2015
MILLS COUNTY FAIR JULY 10-14, 2015
Fair Queen Application Little Miss/ Jr Miss Application
2015 Mills County Resource Directory
">Happening in Mills County Information:
- NEED TO ENROLL IN 4H? CLICK HERE! Pay for your enrollment by November 30 to receive $5 discount. December 1st becomes $32
- ACES DAY CAMPS IN GLENWOOD FOR YOUTH IN KINDERGARTEN THROUGH 5TH GRADES
- July 28- Region 17 Tablesetting Competition
- August 11- Record Book Workshop by Youth Committee- Kate Phelps 6:30pm
- August 18- Record Book Workshop by Youth Committee- Tracy Blankenship 6:30pm
- August 13-23 Iowa State Fair
- August 25- Record Books due to leaders
- September 15- Leaders Meeting- Bring all record Books 6:30pm Start Time
- September 22- Youth Committee Meeting
- September 29- Youth Committee Meeting
- October 6- Youth Committee Meeting
- October 13- possible Back up Youth Committee meeting
- Awards Interviews October 24th
- October 25- Awards Program
REMINDERS FOR STATE FAIR AND AKSARBEN
- Iowa State Fair Ak-Sar-Ben Livestock Show Beef, Sheep, Goats & Swine were required to be nominated during weigh in’s for the Iowa State Fair. Those animals that were nominated will now be required to submit additional paperwork. Dogs were required to be entered online by May 15th. All other animals such as rabbits and horses must have their information on 4-H Online by June 15th. ALL Iowa State Fair entries are due to the Extension Office by July 1, 2015. Please note this will be an additional entry than the county fair Fair Entry process. Check with the Extension Office to get fully enrolled for the Iowa State Fair! ENTRY FORMS are available online at www.extension.iastate.edu/4h/statefair/ livestock.htm. All entries must be submitted at the local County Extension Office prior to the deadline, July 1. All market beef, sheep, swine, and goats were required to be nominated during weigh in’s for the AkSar-Ben Livestock Show. June 15th— feeder calf and breeding beef nominations due to the Extension Office. August 10th all entries due to the Extension Office to final Ak-Sar-Ben entries.
Counties Main Menu
- County Home
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living
Answer Line 800-262-3804
Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to Noon, 1-4 p.m.
Questions relating to home and family
May Special Edition News
May 2015 4H Newsletter
April 2015 4H Newsletter
March 2015 4H Newsletter
Fair Entry fwebsite or Mills County Fair 2015
How to Enter exhibits into Fair Entry for 2015
Mills County Fair Website
Mills County Fair RV Park
61317 315th Street
Malvern, Iowa 51551
Mills County Fairground now has RV sites for your use, also a great place to stop over with your horses as you travel through.
Call Bob 712-520-6663 or Woody 402-740-4028.