A world of 4-H with you in it. Join 4-H!
Iowa State University Extension & Outreach: ">Mills County
ISU Extension and Outreach is part of Iowa State University. We take the university’s research and turn it into learning opportunities for Iowans.
Record Book Forms for 4Hers
January 4H Newsletter
MILLS COUNTY FAIR JULY 8-12, 2016
2015 Mills County Resource Directory
Happening in Mills County Information:
Mills County Extension Office new address: 430 1st Street Glenwood Iowa 51534
New Phone number is 712-527-3316. The new fax is 712-527-2952
- 2015-2016 4H Dues are $30 if paid before November 1st. After November 1st $35
- 2015-2016 Clover Kids Dues are $20
- February 9th- Commercial Ag Weed, Insect, and Plant Disease Management Categories: 1A (Agricultural Weed), 1B (Agricultural Insect), 1C (Agricultural Crop Disease), and 10 (Research and Demonstration)
- Feb 9 – Seminar: Native Plants with Brad Riphagen, Trees Forever at Glenwood Resource Center visitor center, 2nd floor conference room, 7PM
- February 9- Youth Committee Meeting at Extension Office 6pm
- February 18- FSQA Class for 4Hers at East Pottawattamie County 6-8pm
- February 18- Women, Land and Legacy Event at Sauced in Red Oak
- February 18- Poultry, Rabbit and Goat Workshop at Extension Office 430 1st Street Glenwood 6:30-8pm. RSVP 712-527-3316
- February 20- CREW Skating and Laser Tag- RSVP for details
- February 21- County Council Meeting at Extension Office
- Feb 23 – Seminar: Pruning Trees and Ornamental Shrubs with Dr. Jesse Randall, ISU at Glenwood Resource Center visitors center 2nd floor conference room, 7PM
- March 1- CREW meet at Extension Office- plan Relay for Life Fundraiser 6:30pm
- March 4-6- Quiz Bowl & Hippology Jamboree Contest in Ames
- March 8 – Seminar: Perennials for a Garden that Blooms from Spring to Fall with Michele Patton, Canoyer Gardens at Glenwood Resource Center visitor center 2nd floor conference room, 7PM
- March 12- Region 17 Leadership Council Overnight in Carson
- March 19- Aquatic Robotics New Team Building Work
- March 19- FSQA Class for 4Hers at Fremont County noon – 2pm 610 Clay Street, Sidney
- March 22 – Seminar: Vegetable Gardening with Dianna Benzing and Fran Mierzwa, West Pottawattamie Master Gardeners at Glenwood Resource Center visitors center, 2nd floor conference room, 7PM
- March 22- FSQA Class for 4Hers Montgomery County Fairgrounds 6:00 p.m., White Building, 1809 4th Street, Red Oak
- March 28- FSQA Class for 4Hers at Crawford County 9-11:30am
- March 29, 2016- CLOTHING CONTEST, COMMUNICATIONS CONTEST AND BUCKET OF JUNK at Malvern Community Building 5pm start
- April 2- Sure Shots hosting a swine workshop. Please RSVP
- April 5 – Seminar: Emerald Ash Borer with Dr. Mark Shour, ISU at Glenwood Resource Center visitors center, 2nd floor conference room 5:30PM
- April 5- CREW plan Junior Outdoor Adventure Camp. Meet at Extension Office at 6:30pm
- April 9- Region 17 Senior Outdoor Activity Day in Gretna at 4H Camp. Zip Line, Climbing wall, campfire cooking and more! For all 9-12th grade 4Hers. Cost is $40/person. RSVP 624-8616.
- April 15-17- Intermediate Regional Trip to Minneapolis. Must RSVP by March 25th. Cost is $200 (remember you can use your Mills County 4H Scholarship toward the cost) The participants will go to a Twins Game, a stage performance, shop at the Mall of America, attend a great museum and more!
- April 18- FSQA Class for 4Hers at Cass County Community Center 6:00 p.m.,, 805 W. 10th Street, Atlantic
- April 19- Horse Practice Begins
- April 19 – Pollinator / Monarch Conservation with Jennifer Hopwood, Senior Pollinator Conservation Specialist, Xerces Society
- April 21- Dog Practice Begins
- April 30- Sure Shots Hosting a Beef Workshop
- April 30- Women Gaining Ground Event sponsored by Women Land and Legacy at Glenwood High School
- May 1st- CREW Adventureland trip- call for details. Date may change!
- May 7- FSQA Class for 4Hers at Fremont County noon- 2pm 610 Clay Street, Sidney
- June 4- Relay for Life- CREW
- June 7th- CREW leads the Junior Outdoor Adventure Camp at Pony Creek Park
- June 12-15- Regional Junior Camp WIld at Nebraska 4H Camp
- June 18 & 20-24- Aquatic Robotics Club in Malvern. Equipment check on Saturday , then we begin water checks in 5 area lakes! Only 6 openings.
- June 29- July 1- State 4H Youth Conference
- July 6, 2016- Pre-fair clean up
- July 8-12, 2016 Mills County Fair- Theme- Nothing Compares to my State Fair
- August 11-21 Iowa State Fair
Counties Main Menu
- County Home
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living
Answer Line 800-262-3804
Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to Noon, 1-4 p.m.
Questions relating to home and family
WOW Newsletter- Words on Wellness
NEWS You Can Use Newsletter- Nutrition Education with Seniors
October 2015 NEWS
Fair Entry fwebsite or Mills County Fair 2015
How to Enter exhibits into Fair Entry for 2015
Mills County Fair Website
Mills County Fair RV Park
61317 315th Street
Malvern, Iowa 51551
Mills County Fairground now has RV sites for your use, also a great place to stop over with your horses as you travel through.
Call Bob 712-520-6663 or Woody 402-740-4028.