About ISU Extension and Outreach: Marshall County
Everyday Marshall County Extension strives to help you become your best. We do this by offering you unbiased, research based information. We serve our area residents through Iowa State University's six program areas: Agriculture & Natural Resources, Business & Industry, Communities, Continuing Education, Families, and 4-H & Youth Development.
2013 Council Representatives
Front Row (Left to Right): Mary Ann Lovell, Mary Giese, and Christy Hibbs. Back Row (Left to Right): Brenda Mosher, Craig Hawkins, Craig Moon, and Reed Riskedahl. Not pictured: Angie Nelson and Joyce Thomas.
The Marshall County Extension Council, county staff and ISU Extension and Outreach staff work together to provide research-based learning opportunities for our citizens. Through this partnership, we carry Iowa State University’s land-grant mission across Marshall County.
Our 2011 Points of Pride tells how we act on that commitment.
MarshallCounty programs are fulfilling that commitment:
- Becoming a scientist or engineer is not easy, but Iowa teens are getting hands-on experience.
- In only seven weeks, a child can learn how to stay away from alcohol and drugs.
- Starting conversations that lead to farm business transitionsfrom one generation to the next is hard – we help get them started.
- Schools and restaurants are trained to safely prepare nutritious foods.
- Families are learninghow to prepare healthy, economical meals.
- Foods grown and marketed locally boost the local economy and fulfill consumer demands
- Our communities are more sustainable.
- Businesses get individualized supportthey need to grow.
- Farmers depend on us for the latest crop production research.
We can anticipate trends, build relationships, and catalyze opportunities because we are part of the ongoing life of our communities, committed to healthy people, healthy environments, and healthy economies.
Counties Main Menu
- County Home
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living