Madison County 4-H Dog Project Announcements, Events, etc.
Dear Parents, 4-H members and puppy dogs,
We will be beginning our dog obedience and agility training classes shortly!
When: April 8, 2013 @ 6:15 pm-7:15 pm
Where: The old Community Building on the Madison County Fairgrounds
What...should I bring:
- 4-H member (in tennis shoes please)
- A parent or guardian (please don't drop kids off with animals without speaking to me first)
- the dog (with a flat collar or choke collar, and a leash)
- Poop bags if possible.
- Treats & a clicker if you plan on doing clicker training
If you are not sure what type of training you would like to do, no worries, we will discuss it at our first meeting.
Parents, it is very difficult for dogs to get used to each other on that first night and I often need many hands to assist with this task. It is also a great time for you to learn the commands so you can help the kids practice them correctly at home. Please try to stay for at least a few sessions.
Look forward to seeing all of my students and puppies from last year and meeting some new faces! See you there!
If you have questions feel free to e-mail me at the school or call after 3 pm.
Winterset High School
Work: (515) 462-3320
Cell: (515) 491-3776
Counties Main Menu
- County Home
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living