About ISU Extension and Outreach: Madison County
Madison county Extension, in partnership with Iowa State University, provides education and information to help the people of Madison County become the best they can be. We believe in quality, access, diversity and accountability. We are dedicated to engagement, entrepeneaurship, and local presence.
We welcome you to explore our website or stop by our office and see the many ways that Extension can serve you. While you're here take a look at our 2009 Madison County Stakeholder Report to see various examples of how we're working in Madison County.
The Madison County Extension Council, county staff and ISU Extension and Outreach staff work together to provide research-based learning opportunities for our citizens. Through this partnership, we carry Iowa State University’s land-grant mission across Madison County.
Our 2011 Points of Pride tells how we act on that commitment.
Madison County programs are fulfilling that commitment:
- Becoming a scientist or engineer is not easy, but Iowa teens are getting hands-on experience.
- In only seven weeks, a child can learn how to stay away from alcohol and drugs.
- Starting conversations that lead to farm business transitionsfrom one generation to the next is hard – we help get them started.
- Schools and restaurants are trained to safely prepare nutritious foods.
- Families are learning how to prepare healthy, economical meals.
- Foods grown and marketed locally boost the local economy and fulfill consumer demands
- Our communities are more sustainable.
- Businesses get individualized supportthey need to grow.
- Farmers depend on us for the latest crop production research.
We can anticipate trends, build relationships, and catalyze opportunities because we are part of the ongoing life of our communities, committed to healthy people, healthy environments, and healthy economies.
Counties Main Menu
- County Home
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living