The 4-H Community Club program is open to youth in grades 4-12. If you’re a Clover Bud, grades K-3, be sure to continue reading to learn about enrollment opportunities for you!
To enroll or reenroll in the 4-H Community Club, you need to:
1. Be in 4th-12th grade. Clover Buds, youth in grades K-3rd, will have the opportunity to be a member of a Clover Buds 4-H Club.
2. Submit an Enrollment or Reenrollment Form. This can be done online starting Sept. 2nd at www.iowa.4honline.com. (If you do not have internet capabilities, you may come to the Extension Office to fill out online. These forms tell us if you have a new address, the projects you are interested in learning about, what club you belong to and other important information.
3. Submit the Iowa 4-H Youth Code of Ethics. By signing this form, you and your parents/guardians agree to abide by the Iowa 4-H Youth Code of Ethics. This form needs to be signed by you and your parent/guardian. This can be done online.
4. Submit your Medical Information/Release Form. This form lets us know if you have any medical conditions that we should be aware of in case of an emergency. It also tells us if you are allowed to ride with other members/adults to events or have your picture published. This form needs to be signed by you and your parent/guardian. This can be done online.
5. Pay your $30 program development fee to your club. The program development fee is your membership fee for the 2014-15 4-H year. The fee supports state programming, including research-based youth development opportunities, curriculum development, volunteer and county staff training and support, and events such as state fair, conference, and recognition. Clover Buds—pay a $10 membership fee.
6. Notify your 4-H Club Leader. All reenrollment information and fees are due to your club leader by Oct. 31, 2014. If you do not submit reenrollment information by Oct. 31, you will not be a 4-H member until you do so and will no longer receive 4-H information, including the 4-H Newsletter after November 2014.