ISU and the USDA has compiled many resources to help keep you informed and birds safe. Eggs and poultry are safe to eat, stresses Iowa State University food safety specialists. Find answers about the human side of avian flu.
Clover Kids is an Iowa Youth Development Program. Iowa State University Extension & Outreach of Lyon County provides Clover Kids to 2nd and 3rd graders. This program is separate from the 4-H club program and is for pre-4-H age kids to DISCOVER 4-H!
What can youth expect to do in Clover Kids?
· Explore science, technology, healthy living, citizenship, leadership, communication, and the arts
· Strengthen motor skills through a variety of experiments and crafts
· Have fun learning and playing cooperative games
· Make friends and learn to work positively in a group setting
· Particpate in the Lyon County Fair in July
Clover Kids is offered once a month, November 2014 – May 2015