Dordt College STEM faculty, students and ISU Extension and Outreach staff are pleased to offer fun-filled, mind-blowing,
STEM-ulating activities to help middle school students
experience the exciting applications of science, technology,
engineering and mathematics.
The 4-H Food Safety and Quality Assurance (FSQA) program will again be
in place for the current 4-H year. FSQA stands for Food Safety Quality
Assurance. This program helps 4-H producers understand their role in
producing food, and help them make wise, ethical decisions related to food
production. If you exhibit the following livestock are required to be FSQA
certified: Beef, Bottle/Bucket Calf, Dairy, Goat, Swine, Sheep, Rabbit (if it is
not a pet project), and Poultry. You MUST become FSQA certified to exhibit
your animals at the County Fair and/or Iowa State Fair.
Clover Kids is an Iowa Youth Development Program. Iowa State University Extension and Outreach of Lyon County provides
Clover Kids to 2nd and 3rd graders. This program is separate from
the 4-H club program and is for pre-4-H age kids to DISCOVER 4-H!
What can youth expect to do in Clover Kids?
· Explore science, technology, healthy living, citizenship, leadership, communication, and the arts
· Strengthen motor skills through a variety of experiments and crafts
· Have fun learning and playing cooperative games
· Make friends and learn to work positively in a group setting
· Particpate in the Lyon County Fair in July
Clover Kids is offered once a month, November 2015 – May 2016