A world of 4-H with you in it. Join 4-H!
Iowa State University Extension and Outreach: Lucas County
Welcome to Lucas County Extension's website. Browse through the pages to see information from Iowa State University Extension and Lucas County Extension. We hope you enjoy your visit and come back soon.
Part Time Office Assistant: reports to the Extension Coordinator and Lucas County Extension Council. Duties include customer service, support to Extension Coordinator and Program Specialists, marketing and promotion of programs and internal operation of County Extension office.
- Minimum of high school diploma. College degree in related field preferred.
- People oriented individual, skilled in customer relations, willing to be a team player. Must be able to work in a group effort.
- Able to multi-task
- High level of accuracy in all facets of work
- Experience in office management and administration desirable
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good organizational skills
- High level of computer skills: install and use software, download software from internet, set up folders and files to organize documents, understands the basics of office network, can troubleshoot problems. Experience in MS Word, Excel, Quicken, Internet Explorer, Outlook, 4-H Online, MS Publisher, experience in computer software and photo software
- Demonstrates effective use of basic office machines
- Able to lift and move 40 pounds
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation
- Able to successfully pass the ISUEO background screening
Work Hours: 16 - 20 hours per week. Hours are 8:00 am - 4:30 pm. Breaks consist of 15 minute morning and afternoon break, unpaid lunch break is 30 minutes. Overtime, flexible hours, and off site work may be required from time to time, but must be approved by Extension Council in advance.
- Maintain a business atmosphere, through courtesous and efficient service in the office and on the phone
- Maintain a calendar of events
- Communicate with the Extension Coordinator to develop daily tasks and project work flow as needed
- Type letters, recruitment pieces, news releases, booklets, programs and reports, mailing lists, meeting notices, etc., accurately and neatly. Prepare these items for mailing as needed
- Follow guidelines in the Extension Field and County Operation Guide
- Secretarial services are to be provided for County Office staff and Program Specialist's doing programming in Lucas County. (printing, copying, phone calls, mailings, and more)
- Prints all materials for each Extension Council meeting (fiscal and minutes)
- Maintains the registration book for meetings and helps prepare room for meetings
- Does small maintenance
- Any other related duties deemed necessary to the success of Extension operations in Lucas County
- Communicate effectively with members, families, volunteers, and other staff
- Prepare information to submit to media regarding events, activities, and members
- Assist in planning and carrying out fair related activities...judging, weigh-in, fair entries; assist in identifying, recruiting and training judges; communicate with members and media; assist with State Fair exhibits, communication, and clothing event entries
Financial--expenditures and income
- work with staff to follow proper procedures determined by county fiscal policy
- separates reimbursable bills, prepares documentation and sends to appropriate agency including grant expenses and income
- bank deposits-records and deposit office income
- orders office supplies as needed
- keeps pop and water supplied
- Prints voucher report and reconciliation statement for Extension Council meetings
- assists in budget preparation for publishing and end of year reports for publishing
- organizes records for audit
- works with staff in preparation of budgets for grants or in determining costs or income for programs
- Office management: ordering, review vendors for best value, orders office furniture, equipment and audio visual equipment after discussion with Extension Coordinator, places orders for supplies
- Inventory: maintains inventory of all office equipment and furniture
- Works as a team with volunteers, and other staff to carry out mission of Extension-offers and asks for help when needed, actively participates in team meetings, is courteous to fellow workers, keeps others updated on new information pertinent to office operation
- Maintains confidentiality on all Extension business: information about clients is not shared orally or in writing to staff for public not directly involved, information about staff is not shared orally or in writing with those not directly involved
- And other duties as assigned
Equal Opportunity Employer
Salary based on experience
Please submit a cover sheet, resume and references to email@example.com. Submissions received through 4:30 pm, Monday, August 17, 2015.
Regular office hours are Monday through Thursday, 8:00 to 12:00 and 12:30 to 4:30
Click here for more 4-H and Youth information.
Counties Main Menu
- County Home
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living