About Louisa County Extension
Iowa State University Extension in Louisa County actively serves the residents of Louisa County by providing the research and resources of the University here at the local level. Please call, email or stop in if we can help you in any way.
We offer education for Families, professionals and volunteers to build health families thru nutrition and health, development and resource management.
We empower Youth to reach their full potential thru 4-H, out of school programs and school enrichment activities.
We share Horticulture information thru our Master Gardeners and additional workshops.
We link Iowa Business & Manufacturers with ISU Specialsists, reaserach and community resources for increased productivity and competitiveness.
We provide information and education to Agriculture producers, landowners and agricultural personnel to both enhance the value of Iowa's largest industry and still protect the state's natural resources.
And we help Communities thru assistance to organizations and local governments to build capacity.
For personal assistance you are encouraged to call or come by the office in Wapello Monday thru Friday between 8am and 4:30pm.
The Louisa County Extension Council, county staff and ISU Extension and Outreach staff work together to provide research-based learning opportunities for our citizens. Through this partnership, we carry Iowa State University’s land-grant mission across Louisa County.
Our 2011 Points of Pride tells how we act on that commitment.
Louisa County programs are fulfilling that commitment:
- Becoming a scientist or engineer is not easy, but Iowa teens are getting hands-on experience.
- In only seven weeks, a child can learn how to stay away from alcohol and drugs.
- Starting conversations that lead to farm business transitionsfrom one generation to the next is hard – we help get them started.
- Schools and restaurants are trained to safely prepare nutritious foods.
- Families are learninghow to prepare healthy, economical meals.
- Foods grown and marketed locally boost the local economy and fulfill consumer demands
- Our communities are more sustainable.
- Businesses get individualized supportthey need to grow.
- Farmers depend on us for the latest crop production research.
We can anticipate trends, build relationships, and catalyze opportunities because we are part of the ongoing life of our communities, committed to healthy people, healthy environments, and healthy economies.
Our Most Recent Audit Documents from the Louisa County Auditors Office:
Counties Main Menu
- County Home
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living