The Linn County Master Gardeners Scholarship is available to residents of Linn County who attend or have graduated from high schools in Linn County. High school seniors and college or university students may apply. The scholarship shall be used for the purpose of attaining a degree in the field of horticulture or landscape design at an Iowa college or university.
The one year Scholarship will be awarded in the amount of $1000.00. To receive this Scholarship the recipient must be officially enrolled at a chosen Iowa college. Half ($500.00) will be awarded at the beginning of the first semester, and the second half ($500.00) will be awarded at the beginning of the second semester. To receive payment the recipient must provide official enrollment status from the college to the Linn County Master Gardeners’ office. The money will be deposited to the recipient’s college financial account.
To be considered applicants must include the following:
1. completed application form
2. written essay - (150-200 words) as to why you would like to pursue a career in the field of horticulture and how this scholarship may help. Include information about any special circumstances that are of a personal or financial nature that you have overcome or still face.
3. three letters of recommendation
4. official grade transcript
Mail or deliver completed application to Scholarship Committee, Linn County Master Gardeners, ISU Extension & Outreach Linn County, 383 Collins Road NE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52402, no later than July 20, 2013.
Counties Main Menu
- County Home
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living