Weeks 8 - 24
The newsletter intervention provides participants with two newsletters monthly for four months. These eight theory-based holistic wellness newsletters are expected to promote whole person wellness by incorporating information related to nutrition, mental health, and cognition, as well as at-home physical activity suggestions to reinforce movements performed during the onsite program.
During the newsletter intervention, the trainer-led program is not held, rather the on-site leader (another sustainable program element) is encouraged to continue the program and participants will self-report physical activity bimonthly using the Rapid Assessment of Physical Activity form.
Fitness and Nutrition Newsletter Topics:
- What does exercise mean to you?
- Creating a Healthy Plate: Introduction
- Get Fit to Get Healthy
- Creating a Healthy Plate: Fruits and Vegetables
- Should I Lift Weights?
- Creating a Healthy Plate: Whole Grains
- How to Lift Weights
- Creating a Healthy Plate: Lean Protein
Wellness Newsletter Topics:
- Successful Aging for Everyone-- The Secret to the Fountain of Youth
- Take Five: Helpful Resources and Word Puzzle
- Successful Aging for Everyone-- Tips for Improving Memory
- Take Five: Making Mental Shortcuts (Mnemonics)
- Successful Aging for Everyone-- A Winning Combination
- Take Five: Test Your Health Know-How
- Successful Aging for Everyone-- A Little Help from our Friends
- Take Five: Try these Mind Strengthening Tasks
To download the LIFE Lessons newsletters go to the Newsletters page under Materials.