Weeks 8 and 25
In order to measure the impact the LIFE Program has on older adult wellness and ageism in younger adults, it is recommended that each LIFE Program be evaluated using valid and reliable tools. These tools are simple to complete, do not require special training or equipment to administer and do not require a lot of time. The questionnaires are intended to be completed by participants at Weeks 1, 8, and 25 and trainers at Weeks 1 and 8. In addition to these tools we also created a qualitative LIFE Program Evaluation that participants complete at Weeks 8 and 25. Below is a list of each tool.
Participant evaluation tools:
- Readiness to Change for Physical Activity questionnaire
- Positive and Negative Affect Scale (PANAS)
- Functional Activity Scale
- Self-efficacy Scales
- Mental Fatigue questionnaire
- LIFE Program qualitative evaluation questionnaires (Week 8 and 25 only)
Trainer evaluation tools:
- Fabroni Scale on Ageism
- Expectations Regarding Aging scale (ERA-12)
- LIFE Program qualitative evaluation questionnaires (Week 8 only)
For more detailed information on the LIFE program evaluation tools see Chapter 9 of our program manual.