Prepare for Fair!
2016 Lee County Fair: July 6-10
2016 Iowa State Fair: August 14-24
Getting ready for fair means working with your animals, going to weigh-ins and trainings, planting your veggies, taking your photos, practicing your recipes, sewing up those curtains and sooooooooo much more! Get the rules, put the deadlines on your calendar and check out the great new categories here!
Now is a great time to check out our Projects Page to get ideas and start preparing for this year!
- November 25 - Communications Workshop
- December 1 - Deadline to Enroll in 4-H Online for returning members
- December 19 - Beef Weigh In
- December 29 - Clothing and Fashion Workshop
- February 1 - Deadline to Verify Beef Info in 4-HOnline
- March 12 - Swine Weigh In
- March 16 - FSQA Training (MANDATORY for all Livestock Exhibitors)
- April 10 - Dog Classes Begin
- April 23 - Sheep Weigh In
- May 13 - Deadline to ID all livestock in 4-H Online
- June 15 - All county entry forms due to Extension Office (Livestock AND Art Hall). Livestock entries are due no later than 4:30 P.M. on June 15, 2015. A $10.00 late fee, per livestock exhibitor will be collected on all late entries. No entries will be accepted after July 1, 2015.
- June 15 - Last day to enter non-weigh-in, county level animals in 4hOnline, ALL county level animals including; horses, small pets, rabbits, fowl, poultry, & non weigh-in animals must be ID’ed in 4hOnline.
*State Fair 2016 Deadlines are not yet available.
Filling Out a Goal Sheet:
We've created a video to help you prepare your best goal sheet possible for your art hall exhibit! Click play below!
Counties Main Menu
- County Home
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living
2015 Documents and Forms
- 2015 State Fair Selected Exhibitor Instructions
- Livestock Entry Processes for Lee County 2015
- 2015 Livestock Entry Form
- Lee County Fair Bucket/Bottle Calf Record Book
- 2015 Art Hall Entry Form
- Tip Sheets
- Goal Sheet
- Photo Goal Sheet
- Poster Report Form
- 2015 Judging Schedule
- Design Principles
- Copyright Information
- How to Prepare Vegetables for Exhibit
- How to Prepare Cut Flowers for Exhibit
- Inappropriate Food Exhibits
- Preserved Food 4-H Exhibit Label
- 2015 Communications Entry Form
- 2015 Fashion Entry Form
- Educational Presentation Report Form
- Junior/Intermediate Clothing Report Form
- Senior Clothing Selection Report Form
- Senior Fashion Revue Report Form
- Senior $15 Challenge Report Form
- Clothing Event Narration (Jr, Int, and Sen must complete)
- 2015 Communications/Fashion Judging Schedule