State Fair Exhibit Classes and Communication Events
2013 changes for the 4-H State Fair exhibit classes and communication event dates are now available in the ISF 4-H Handbook at http://www.extension.iastate.edu/4h/page/iowa-state-fair-4-h-handbook. Only minor edits were made to existing classes. Communication event dates were rotated for each region. Information about reserving specific dates for communication events will come later. 2013 changes (other than rolling forward dates) are:
For Exhibit Building:
*550 Horticulture – change class name to “Horticulture (Includes Home Grounds Improvement)”. Class description remains the same.
*620 Photography – Add rule #7 re-use of Photo Label. (The Photo Label is in the Handbook, link above. Many counties continued to use a photo label of some type; this will help standardize and provide more consistent information for state fair photo judges. The label is largely adapted from one developed by the Region 17 & 18 staff. Thanks to them for sharing with us.)
*Digital Storytelling – moves FROM Science Engineering & Technology TO Personal Development.
Class number changes FROM 910 TO 825. Class description remains the same.
* Added reference to class 821 Poster Communication Exhibits under Personal Development. No change to exhibit class description or purpose, just adding the reference as part of the exhibit classes since these exhibits arrive and are evaluated with the other exhibits even though they are technically part of the communication event program.
For Communication Event program:
- Date changes for areas and changing 2012 to 2013
- Minor edits to general rules 4 and 6
- Change in poster communication exhibit theme to reflect 2013 4-H Conference theme Unmask Your Opportunities.
We will be working to make these changes to the public web pages and project pages/hot sheets/tip sheets. State fair exhibit quotas should be updated by March 1.
Counties Main Menu
- County Home
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living