4-H Judges Training
4-H Judges Training
The judges training coordinating committee and sub-committee members are busy working to design a consistent training system for new and experienced judges:
- System will build knowledge and skills judges need to improve the quality of the judging experience for youth and judges
- Focuses on educate, evaluate, encourage process for 4-H members
- Training includes positive youth development
- New judges have opportunity to “practice” before direct interaction with youth
- Revise and update resources for judges (includes website and online resources)
- Marketing system to make sure all judges and potential judges are aware of training opportunities
- Develop a process for counties and campus to recognize judges’ contribution to youth and the 4‑H program
- The first four hours (includes lunch) of the training builds knowledge and skills for new judges (as well as interested volunteers and parents) and the last two hours is project area content specific.
- Experienced judges will be presenting and all judges are welcome to attend to brush-up on their expertise or expand their knowledge base.
Judges Training for fall/winter/spring 2012-2013 is now scheduled. Cost is $20.00 for those attending all day and $5.00 for those attending just in the afternoon. Registration will be collected onsite.
Dates and locations for the trainings are:
Oct. 20, 2012 Story County Extension 4-H Youth Bldg, Iowa State University, Ames
Nov. 3, 2012 Winneshiek County NE Iowa Dairy Center on the Calmar campus of NE Iowa CC
Jan. 19, 2013 Linn County Linn Co. Extension office, Marion
March 2, 2013 Buena Vista County Storm Lake Middle School
March 9, 2013 Johnson County Johnson Co. Extension office, Iowa City
March 9, 2013 Kossuth County First Presbyterian Church, Algona
March 9, 2013 Pottawattamie Carson Community Center
March 16, 2013 Clarke County Clarke Co. Fairground Event Center, Osceola
To register for Judges Training click here!
Counties Main Menu
- County Home
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living