May 15th Deadline
May 15th is quickly approaching and we are asking you to please take note of this important date. Following is a list of important items that 4-H members need to complete by May 15th:
- Enrollments/Re-enrollments need to be completed in 4-H Online.
- Any and all projects that members are going to exhibit at the Johnson County Fair must be enrolled online.
- Animals/Livestock need to be nominated in 4-H Online with the exceptoin of poultry and pets for county-only.
- Bucket Bottle calves - must have tag, forms, and completed ID form (available at the Extension Office).
- Johnson County Bred Beef must have the card completed and turned into the Extension Office.
- Dogs must have a copy of rabies certificate turned into the Extension Office.
- State Fair and AkSarBen animals are required to be nominated in 4-H Online by May 15th with the exception of rabbits that are not born yet (more information on State Fair/AkSarBen will be coming soon).
- State Fair Breeding beef entries must have registration numbers entered into 4-H Online by May 15th if intended to show in a breed class at the State Fair.
Information and helpsheets on State Fair and AkSarBen entries will be available at a later time, but ALL animals MUST be nominated in 4-H Online, with the exception of county-only Poulty and Pet projects to be eligible for the Iowa State Fair and/or Knights of AkSarBen!!!
The 2016 Fairbook is posted onthe following website if you need to refer to it: www.extension.iastate.edu/johnson/content/2016-johnson-county-4-h-ffa-fairbook. Here are helpsheets that will help you enroll and nominate animals/livestock in 4-H Online.
- Re-enrolling families: http://www.extension.iastate.edu/4hfiles/EnrollmentDocs/MemberReEnrollment.pdf
- New family enrollment: http://www.extension.iastate.edu/4hfiles/EnrollmentDocs/NewFamilyEnrollment.pdf
- Animal/Livestock nomination: http://www.extension.iastate.edu/4hfiles/EnrollmentDocs/LivestockEntryForFamilies.docx
- Johnson County-Only Rabbit nomination: http://www.extension.iastate.edu/johnson/sites/www.extension.iastate.edu/files/johnson/Johnson%20Co%20Only%20Rabbit%20Help%20Sheet.pdf
Please remember these important items due by May 15th! Please feel free contact Shannon, firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Camie, email@example.com, or call the Extension office at 319-337-2145 with any questions, or if you have any troubles with entering your livestock/animal information into 4-H Online. We look forward to another successful Johnson County Fair!!!
Counties Main Menu
- County Home
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living