May 15th Deadline
May 15th is quickly approaching and we are asking you to please take note of this important date. Following is a list of important items that 4-H members need to complete by May 15th:
- Enrollments/Re-enrollments need to be completed in 4-H Online.
- Any and all projects that members are goign to exhibit at the Johnson County Fair must be enrolled online.
- Animals/Livestock need to be nominated in 4-H Online with the exceptoin of poultry and pets for county-only.
- Bucket Bottle calves - must have tag, forms, and completed ID form (available at the Extension Office).
- Johnson County Bred Market, Johnson County Bred Market Produce and Johnson County Bred Breeding Beef calves must have the card completed and turned into the Extension Office.
- Dogs must have a copy of rabies certificate turned into the Extension Office.
- State Fair and AkSarBen animals are required to be nominated in 4-H Online by May 15th with the exception of rabbits that are not born yet (more information on State Fair/AkSarBen will be coming soon).
- State Fair Breeding beef entries must have registration numbers entered into 4-H Online by May 15th if intended to show in a breed class at the State Fair.
Information and helpsheets on State Fair and AkSarBen entries will be available at a later time, but ALL animals MUST be nominated in 4-H Online, with the exception of county-only Poulty and Pet projects to be eligible for the Iowa State Fair and/or Knights of AkSarBen!!!
The 2013 Fairbook is posted onthe following website if you need to refer to it: http://www.extension.iastate.edu/johnson/page/2013-johnson-county-4-h-ffa-fairbook. The 2014 version will be posted on our website as soon as it is available. Here are helpsheets that will help you enroll and nominate animals/livestock in 4-H Online.
- Re-enrolling families: http://www.extension.iastate.edu/4hfiles/EnrollmentDocs/MemberReEnrollment.pdf
- New family enrollment: http://www.extension.iastate.edu/4hfiles/EnrollmentDocs/NewFamilyEnrollment.pdf
- Animal/Livestock nomination: http://www.extension.iastate.edu/4hfiles/EnrollmentDocs/LivestockEntryForFamilies.docx
- Johnson County-Only Rabbit nomination: http://www.extension.iastate.edu/johnson/sites/www.extension.iastate.edu/files/johnson/Johnson%20Co%20Only%20Rabbit%20Help%20Sheet.pdf
A reminder that the Sheep and Goat weigh-in is May 7th from 5-7pm at the Johnson County Fairgrounds. State Fair market lambs, ewe lambs and meat goat nominees must be weighed in. Within a week of the weigh-in, the information will be entered into 4-H online by Extension staff and must be verified by the members by May 15th. If they do not verify their entries, the system will automatically verify the entries and no charges can be made.
Please remember these important items due by May 15th! Please feel free contact Shannon, firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Camie, email@example.com, or call the Extension office at 319-337-2145 with any questions, or if you have any troubles with entering your livestock/animal information into 4-H Online. We look forward to another successful Johnson County Fair!!!
Counties Main Menu
- County Home
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living